Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Don from Glendale Arizona
4,966 Posts
82, sunny & calm in Phoenix yesterday. Spent 12 hours lakeside battling channels and carp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice! Is that wolf creek? I was out last thursday when it was 80 degrees and no wind. At wolf creek too! Caught 6 fish 17lbs was thr biggest. We were dragging baits maybe we should have been anchored😒

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Milford and we were draggin .3 mph. had a hard time gettin bait dont know where all the shad are hiding

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same! Shad we saw were in 35 to 45 ft and I'm assuming my net was closed by the time it got there...legally caught white bass was on the menu since that's all we could manage. Do you anchor at all in winter or still drag/drift?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never anchor because I have to use 2 and I hate pulling them up!!! I've got 2 10ft drift socks if there is any wind to keep it slow and use trolling motor on calm days. usually keep it below .5 mph

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do it similar. Met a guy at boat ramp who did real well. Says he never drifts when water gets below 60 degrees. Everyone is different , just wondering what you thought

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those are awesome fish. I know there are a few like that at El El Dorado but should become a regular occurrence. Thanks for posting, I love the toon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how's the fishin on Livingston I'll b down there the first part of January. does it have big blues

1 - 15 of 15 Posts