Is it practical to put brass eyes on no rolls?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by ravenloft420, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I was just wondering because I prefer brass eyes because they dont fray your line so bad. would this defeat the purpose of the "no roll no snag" sinker?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    On a no-roll sinker the line supposedly passes through the sinker like it was an egg sinker, but the flat shape has less resistance to the flow of water, so the sinker somewhat stays in place. On a no-snag sinker, it is formed so when you start to retrieve the sinker it will plane up off hte bottom giving it resistance to snagging. Neither of these applications can be poured with a brass eye in the sinker. You could probably modify them by inserting long skinny cotter keys through the no-roll, or just a cotter key through the no-snag. I don't think you will gain anything by changing. I'd recommend you go to more of a river sinker or a bell sinker if your wanting a brass eye - course they will roll with the current.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  4. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    hey thanks alot for the link and info. the brothers here have convinced me to use flat sinkers. I cant find them around here but they have a few flat molds at bass pro. will a bead also help with the line fray?