Is it possible?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by monimoon, Jan 12, 2008.

1. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    Ok, before I ask I want everyone to know I searched the library for this info so I didn't have to ask.

I just want to know is it possible to mount a catfish? :embarassed: Don't kill me!

I'm not saying I would I'm just wondering if it's possible,:eek:oooh:
    because I've never seen one.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    now adays they make you a replica thats what they did with my state record flathead its some kind of foam material i think then they paint it with very good detail . all you need if u dont want to kill the fish is measurements length and girth in a few spots i believe and a picture for them would prolly help also . they dont cost as much as you think either around 200 dollars on a large fish . maybe cheaper or higher now. i would call your local taxidermist.

3. CatfishHntr

CatfishHntr New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just Get All The measurement's! Length, Girth Ect....... Lot's Of Picture's! Release the Fish and Get A Replica. Skin Mount's A whole Lotta Cash. Just My 2 cent's. CatfishHntr.

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Here's some links to current offerings and prices.

Hope it helps!

http://www.google.com/search?q=catfish+taxidermy

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yes Monica its possible. However due to the efforts of the BOC they are now released to grow. If caught with anything over a pound its a lashing for every pound over the limit.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    HAHA made you look.

7. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    My understanding is that you can get them mounted, but they usually don't last very well. Something about the soft skin not preserving as well as scaly-skinned fish. That's why a good replica is getting more popular.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Replica is an awesome choice...Then you get to give her a big wet one, take a pic, and look at her clone on the wall forever knowing she is still out there..:wink:

9. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    wild life creations $289 for 30in $9.50 for every inch there after:sad2:

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes you can mount a catfish but they are slimly and you will need a bridle and saddle to be able to stay on. You need good hearing because the 8 second whistle is tough to here from underwater.

11. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    Ha! Thats great!!:tounge_out:

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I don't know about that 8 second thing.

Everytime I ever stepped on a catfish while wade fishing...I highstepped it off him almost as fast as he wanted away from me.

I prefer it to be over ASAP myself. :eek:oooh:

I think it's the fact that you can't see them in the very muddy water before you've already shifted your weight to that foot in the rocky bottom and swift current of the river.

Once you're commited...your foot is on top of whatever it is in that hole...you HOPE that is a catfish!! :crazy: