Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
I dont see why not. There isnt a size restriction in order to keep them. Let him grow and spoil him with food everyday. :devil::biggrin:

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Does anyone know if it is legal to raise a wild caught flathead in Eastern Pa? If anyone knows the answer to this and can help I would appreciate it.
I don't think anyone from EPA, Department of Wildlife, nor the PA Boat and Fish Commisison will send a swat team down to your home and bust in for having a flathead in your tank.

I had one in my tank but knew the thing wasn't happy all crammed up in that tank. It need to be swimming free in the wild so it can eat more smallmouth bass.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Does anyone know if it is legal to raise a wild caught flathead in Eastern Pa? If anyone knows the answer to this and can help I would appreciate it.
Arnt they an invasive species in eastern Pa, I think it would be illegal to put it back! lol
Just don't let anyone think that you are raising them for introduction and distribution, keep the shades pulled down, and never never show it to anyone......and I think you will be OK...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Arnt they an invasive species in eastern Pa, I think it would be illegal to put it back! lol
Just don't let anyone think that you are raising them for introduction and distribution, keep the shades pulled down, and never never show it to anyone......and I think you will be OK...
even if they were native once you have a fish in captivity its illegal to release that fish because it might have a disease or parasite not known to that area. no problem keeping them if you arnt gonna release it. knowing the potential size i wouldnt reconmend it but i plan on keeping a small flattie this year if i can get one under 16 or inchs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.