Is It Legal To Noodle In Iowa?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by channelcat_tracker, Jun 1, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    is it legal to noodle in iowa? because i found some nice holes that have some nice flats in em as well as channels. well i am goin to buy an acua view fish camera this year or next to see if i am stickin my hand in a 'rat or beaver or snake hole. i know i can noodle well and am strong enough to take the challenge of a 40 pound catfish up close. well lets see what yall think?

2. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    i got this from the DNR web site

What can I use to take fish?

Gaff hooks or landing nets may be used to assist in landing fish. Rough fish (carp, buffalo, quillback, gar, sheepshead, dogfish) can be taken day or night, by:

hand fishing
    snagging
    spear
    bow and arrow

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Man Legal or not I think noodling is nuts. I'm all for people who do it legally, but I would never just go sticking my arm in a hole. Maybe I'm just not man enough.

4. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Im with you, Im not man enough!

-Bill

5. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    the safe way i think to do it is to buy an underwater camera and see if their aint a beaver, snakes, or anything else other than a catfish. then take the cat out of business or i like to cpr em!

6. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    no the only thang you can do is rod and reel and that is only 2 and you can didy pole but only 5 per person. i would like to jug fish i have about fifty of them in my basment that i got from my grandfather that lives in oklahoma. but that is the scoop.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Unless your lake is drinking water clear, I doubt the camera will show much in a dark hole or under rocks/logs. Best way is just to stick your hand in and see what's biting. LOL

8. jamin22786

jamin22786 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You know, I say you just go ahead and do it. Then when you get the turtle, and lose your finger, dnr won't ever catch you!