Is it legal to night fish in Arizona?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by SilencedMajority, May 24, 2006.

1. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    This may be a question easily answered, but I have spent hours looking through game and fish websites and calling AZGFD and never gotten a straight answer: Where can you legally fish through the night? I've been nightfishing all over, and sometimes i have to park in lots that have posted signs "NO CAMPING, GATES CLOSED SUNSET TO SUNRISE, etc", and i wonder if im doing anything against the law. Does anyone have any input about this?

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Any area posted as no camping or gates closed from sunset to sunrise do not restrict you from fishing.

If it is posted as no camping, legally you are not camping...you are fishing. If you were to put a tent out or look as though you were camping, that may pose another question.

In areas where they close the gates, you can still park there. The only thing is that if the gates are closed, and you need to leave in the middle of the night, you can't because you're locked in.

I have fished in both places and have never had anyone question me as to what I am doing there.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Any of the bigger lakes. Bartlett,Pleasent,Roosevelt there are no restrictions on night fishing. However, most of the small in town parks are open untill 10pm. It varies by city code. You can look at the Tonto national forest web site which covers Bartlett and Roosey as well as specific city web sites if your interested in the local little ponds which Game and Fish stock regularly.

4. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ask whoever closes the gate, just be there when they say you have to be out and someone should come around telling everyone to leave. Usually they will tell you where the closest place to park is, so you can walk in and fish. I fish at quite a few places like that and as long as its not private property they've always let me park outside the gate and walk in.

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yeah, I always thought that the rangers wouldn't have a problem with nightfishing. The real problem is that sometimes authority will jump to conclusions, me being a young guy(18), that I'm really out there partying like so many other idiots my age. I was really just wondering if you guys have ever run into a ranger out there at night and what they have to say about being out in restricted developed coves fishing.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    We've had many nights that went from 1900 to 0600'ish here and it's never been a problem.

7. RiversOwn

RiversOwn New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    some areas dont allow night fishing

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I fish in yuma arizona about 4 days a week and night fish alot and have talked to alot of fish and wildlife and never had a problem ive heard about restrictions in San Diego on night fishing but, Ive never ran into anything personaly it sounds crazy to me.