Is it just me or.................

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shadmaster, Aug 14, 2009.

1. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    For about the last two months my fishing trips have been really bad. I circulate between Kaw, Oologah and the Cimmaron river off of Keystone. Between those three I can usually find some good blue cat fishing. Not lately. I have made all three at least three times in the last eight weeks or so. Lucky if I get two or three. Sometimes even totally skunked. These are long trips covering a lot of water from daylight to dark. All of them are lousy with gar. Wondering if anybody is doing as bad as I am?

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats the exact same things its been down here also.. you could ask some other fellow BOCs on here from OK that can try to get you pointed in some prime areas. Hope this helps. -AJ

3. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Dunno, guys.
    Last 3 trips I've made to Oolagah have been decent success with no longer than I fished.
    I'm fishing at night tho...........
    5 fish last night, 11 fish two weeks ago and 10 the week before that.
    All on Friday nights.

Q

4. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the good report. What's you using for bait? Do you chum before fishing?

5. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    YW.
    I've been having great luck on shrimp for initial setting of my lines then we normally toss a net and gather up some fresh shad for the second baiting of the night. Been pretty equal on success on both of them.
    No chum, never have tried that but I only jug line and have been trying new spots the last 3 trips.

Deano