Is it good

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishing is fun, Dec 28, 2006.

1. fishing is fun

fishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have recently purchased a shakesphere tidewater,bigwater and put it on a 7' BOSS HAWG rod that i got with a ZEBCO 808 and i was wondering if that wousd make a good beginner baitcasting setup .

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

You should be fine, IMO

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    beginner yes its inexpensive enough , and the good thing is once you master it and get a good taste for it all other reels like abu and penn will seem that much more like a cadilac in comparison .
    a few tips 1. be sure to check the drag regularly , it may tighten itself 2. dont use bigger line that it calls for , it wont cast as far as you want 3. the plastic release button wont handle a lot of abuse

4. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    yeah, its a very smooth casting reel, seen a guy on tv land a 40# flattie with one

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think those are good beginner reels.

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    My mom has 3 808's mounted on 7ft rods she has had for years. Ive seen her pull in numerous 20-30 lb blues with them. Good all around rod. But like the other member said a good abu or penn will definately seem like a cadilac in comparison.

Wheelmobile07

7. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    the reels IMO are crap i had two and they both broke,but i us to use that same rod for carp fishing,its a pretty decent rod.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    They are great I have several with no problems, can't tell you about the rods though.