Is it easy to get baitfish at San Carlos???

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by pr1mo5, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Is it easy to get bait fish from san carlos? I have little poles i can put worms on it or a 5 foot cast net do you guys know if that will work?

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    We will be there manana

3. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Im planning on tueday leave my house at about 2-3 pm maybe earlier tuesday. I have a little saturn 4 door car so i dont think i can fish at the dam seems everyone says you need a truck to go there but if anyone wants to go i have room for 2 more its just a lil 4 banger so it might take 2 hours lol but we will get there. I just dont know if i can get bait there or what.

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    The road is paved bro, all the way to the Dam, you need a truck to launch a boat!

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Yeap looks like im going to san carlos on tuesday. what time do you guys normally leave to head there? Yeah my wife and i went to rosie yesterday night didnt even get a bite on blue gill chicken liver and worms. i think it was because of the wind it was a little choppy. I even said heck with it and tried a texas rigged worm maybe i would get a 74 lb flathead...... i havent cause a 1 oz falthead just channels so i am hoping for one soon. hopfully i can find a place to fish there where i wont have to make my wife hike up a huge hill.. lol my wife is a bigger fisher then me... well prbably not but close she she has to go.

6. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    the hike is not that bad. the mountainruns strait into the water, really nowere to set up your chairs, thats only bad thing about being by the dam shore line. there is a cove right before the dam with a huge sand bar might be better for a overnighter. also wear jean pants if possible if your gonna hike down. that mountain is full of broken glass bottles. goood luck out there!

7. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Ok, but did you guys catch ur bait fish there or what? i have lighter poles i can catch them on worms or i have a cast net.

8. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    From Gwille's cousins!! LMAO!!:smile2:

QUOTE=skunkopotamus;1651171]Broken bottles? Where on earth would they come from?[/QUOTE]

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i read you guys posts all the time and enjoy them. but this one started with question, and you guys hijacked it. newbie asked a honest question guys. can you help him out? not trying to start problem, but this isn't like most of you.
    gary

10. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I dont think anyone really knew the answer to that question,but seems the boys just got back from there and can answer it honestly ,which im sure will happen momentarily!:wink:

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey matt, no baitfish seemed to be imposible to get, didnt mean to partake in the hi-jacking of your thread, just wanted to wait until we got back today to give you a erport, instead of saying I didn't know. Shore fishing all together seemed very limited, and we had absolute hell trying to catch baitfish, and we had a boat, plus fished the rocky out croppings in the lake

12. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    if u want channels go 2 carlos. u have 2 work hard 2 get bait there.there were 5 of us and only caught 1/2doz gills.and flats just bite nothin. i bet that fish was caught in 06 like it says on game and fish site.we went read the post rob wrote.

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i knew you crazy ones would answer when pointed out problem. sounds like you guys have same problem i have now here in yuma. darn gills or sunfish don't want to play.
    gary

14. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Yeah thank you guys yeah rob called me sounded great to be with the boys but sucked for fishing... thanks guys i changed my mind heading to a spot rob turned me to on the upper salt.

Also i have been a member for over a year just never posted anything until a few months back is that why it says im a newbie???

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  15. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    its the rez

16. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah i wouldnt spend my money on taking a trip there if i were u. u need to just go to rosie or the salt.its kinda hard to shore fish rosi at this time just cause the lake level is high but i think the river is always good

18. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    I know you dont plan on going anymore but just an fyi; a throw will work great. I used mine while I was out there and was able to get bait in minutes shad,blugill&carp!:0a26:

19. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Yeah when rosie was down i had a good time there bass fishing and for channels but now nothing... Rob sent me to a spot he knows of im heading there tommorow so we will see i cant wait...

Yeah maybe some other time i will go to san carlos but not this time lol all you guys are awesome flat fishers and didnt get one so ill hit the river this time but thanks ill throw the net when i go for sure.