Is it broken ????

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I have noticed that the board has been really quiet lately...:sad2: :sad2: was just wondering if it is broken or is everyone just to busy to post anything..:wink: :wink:

2. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    No it's not broke.....I can see your signature fine!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I noticed the same thing. I thought maybe I forgot to use may mouthwash or something.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    No need to worry Mr Okie. As long as I've been on the BOC and even in Gateway there are times when the threads just slow down a bit. It happens a couple of times each year. They will all be back in mass for sure lol if you'll notice, there are 30-40 people regularly reading on a daily basis just not much posting. It happens. No need to fret. Everyone is busy with kids gettn off to school and work, and fishing. They'll be back. Lmao

5. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I was thinking that my signature might be offending people and I would need to remove it...:wink: :wink: :wink: I might need to check with Whistler and make sure that it is with in the BOC guide lines...isn't there some thing in the guide lines about being truthful..:big_smile: :big_smile:

6. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Wow Swamp, I never would have expected a slam like that from you. :wink::smile2::smile2:
    I speak from experience Scott, I had some awful propaganda on my signature for a couple of months. Whistler and no one else even tried to correct it. I am afraid you are stuck with it.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ah Scott were just too busy fishing!

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Haven't been in the fishing mood lately due to being so busy getting food plots, stands, blinds, etc finished up for upcoming bow season. I believe I'll have to make a trip to the river though this weekend and see if I can end my skunk streak on the mighty MO. Seems there's been quite a few nice fish caught lately and it's got me kind of ancy.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm still weeping in my self pitty....after my disastrous Saturday morning / afternoon. For those of you that haven't heard, it went something like this;

Got to check in line brite and early, checked in and then they were ready to start calling out boat numbers.

We trailered to St Louis. Well as we were on I-55, a truck in pulls up next to us and was pointing to the boat. I look in the mirrors, thinkin' that we must be pulling a NANNER and something is flying out the back of the boat. I didn't see anything and tell Stitch that if something did fly out, nothing we can do now!

We get to our exit and Stitch hops out of the truck and runs back to make sure we're not draggin' somethin'. When he hops back in, he says "the wheel is smokin!" My heart sank....I immediately knew I had some problems with the hub bearings. I limp to the ramp and get out to inspect the damage. It's bad.....the only thing keeping the wheel on the spindle is the MELTED castle nut.

Well, now it's time to try to beg Tanner for a refund as it's impossible to make weigh-ins even if we went out and fished. I call NANNER and get Tanner's number....the only thing I got out of that conversation was that the tournament already started so I'm S-O-L.

Well after talking over the options, we decided to call Stitch's brother to see if he would bring us a bearing kit. He said he would, so somehow we are able to back the trailer in the water and launch the boat. We figured, what the hell....maybe we can get lucky and wrap up the repairs in an hour or so! :smile2:

We ran to our first spot, pulled out a fish and then Stitch's brother called to say he had the bearing kit and was on his way. I decide to pull anchor and head back over to the ramp to get the hub ready for new guts. That's when I discovered the MELTED castle nut onto the spindle. It wouldn't budge! Finally had to take a pipe wrench to it and some kind of break free lubricant that my new friend Bill had brought us. Bill is one hell of a nice guy, he's a barge engineer that just happened to be getting off work right there and asked if we needed some help.

Finally get the castle nut off and discover that the spindle looks like a raw hide bone that a pitbull had gotten a hold of! It was all chewed up!! Thank the good lord that Bill had a seemingly endless supply of wonderful tools that he did not hesitate to bring out! He went to work on sanding down the rough high spots on the spindle and was able to get it to the point where the new bearings would actually slide on there. At approximately 1200-1230pm, the trailer is back together enough to get me home at least!

Well, thinking there might be a small chance we could stick a hawg, we head back out on the river. As we're running, the motor on the boat sputters and dies. MOTHER &$%*@! were my exact words if I remember correctly. :roll_eyes: It started up again, but it wouldn't run worth a damn. The only way it would run was for Stitch to sit back by the motor and pump up the primer ball when it would empty! So at like 115pm, it finally dawned on me that I was not meant to be fishing today! So realizing I had been beat, beat bad I might add, I raised the white flag and limped the boat back to the ramp and loaded her up.

Needless to say, I've been sulking in a huge pile of self pitty and depression ever since Saturday. I have no idea, other than the fuel filter, what could be wrong with the motor and the trailer is in need of a new axle kit. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo...........I will not be fishing the Riverbend Classic, or ANY fishing for that matter and I have no clue when I will be able to get everything fixed. :sad2: I guess what they say is true about the word boat;

B - Break

O - Out

A - Another

T - Thousand

10. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    No need to fret Bill...I have an extra seat that you can ride in any time..it want be one of those big comfortable captain chairs like you are use to but it will fish just the same...:big_smile: :big_smile:

If you need any help getting the death barge repaired just give me a holler...:big_smile: :big_smile:

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Dang Bill... Sorry to hear you had such bad luck... Hope you dont give up all together.. You'll get her up and running in no time.. As alway you can float with me if you want.... hell i might even catch a fish for a change

12. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Bill look at it like this, It SHOULD start getting better.

13. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    B-break
    o-out
    a-another
    t-thousand

Or a hole in the water that you throw money in....:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

14. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Bill give me a call about your boat.
    You can fish the classic's:wink:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Rat this is Gateway. Toss out what needs done an fixed an let the masses go to work for ya. Well get ya up n runnin n no time.

16. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas

What Nanner said.. if it is broke we can fix it...if ain't broke well we can take care of that too.:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

17. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I agree:
    I'm ex-automotive mechanic of 20 plus years.
    I have all weekend open if needed.

18. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Well, I can't do a dang thing to fix your boat, but I can fix your problem for the classic. The damn Okie can fish with Mike in his boat and you and Stitch can fish in ours. You have worked too hard toward the classic to miss it. Just come get it. Your problem is temporarily solved.

The Mrs.

19. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Bill only my 2cent worth here. The running only when someone pumps the primer bulb. I've had the same thing happen to me out on the river in the middle of the night...it aint fun. It's most likely the fuel pump diaphragm, if it has even the slightest hole in it the motor will not hold its prime. I should add thats if the rest of the fuel lines are intact.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    GOTTA LUV THIS CLUB..........:wink: