is floyd unbeatable?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by joadb, Jan 18, 2008.

1. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    do you guys see anyone coming up the ranks that can give mayweather a run for his money?cotto is about all i see.mayweather is just to good.i aint the biggest fan of the guy but he is definitelly a master in the art of boxing.that being said-roy jones seemed "unbeatable" a few short years ago and tarver re-wrote that story.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think he will bring on his own downfall IF he ever gets away from the gym during a big fight, but i don't see that happening. Then again every fight for him is a big fight cuz he's been the champ for so long. They don't call him MONEY MAYWEATHER for nothing, so he will fight anybody for the right amount of money and i think that will bring him down eventually as he gets older. As for Cotto, i don't think he can beat Mayweather unless he launches a vicious body attack & Mayweather doesn't cover up. He's just way too fast for everybody he comes up against. Maybe he'll move up in weight, but i don't see that any time soon either. Hopefully he retires a champion and maybe he can take the Delahoya route to promote some up & coming fighters. If not, i think he will be defeated as he gets older & slower, if that's even possible!!! I agree the only reason ppl love to hate hi is because of his mouth, but even that is just publicity to hype up the fights & put more money in his pockets, cuz everybody buys his fights to see if that fight is when he will be shut up, therefore just paying him more. Then when it's all said & done he gives every fighter he fights their props in the ring & out!!!!

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    The reason jones lost was because he got so big headed & didn't take his opponents serious in the end & didnt stick to his training like e used to, he just lost focus & it caught up w/him.. Tarver wasn't that good, that was proven right after that fight. His reign wasnt that long, now u dont even haer about him anymore!!! Just like Glen johnson i think his name was. Roy didnt take that serious either & he got knocked out by a nobody, that was proven shortly ther after as well!!!! He should have retired after Ruiz, that was awesome what he did by moving up to heavyweight.. Should have stopped there & retired a champion!!!!

4. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    yea i agree about jones.another thing i have noticed over the years is that every now and again someone comes along who just has a guys "number".tarver vs jones--forrest vs mosely--baldomere vs judah.it goes on and on.some of these guys are far less than great fighters they just have akward styles.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Mayweather jr. is fast and a hard hitter. If he gets beat it probably be after his prime. I don't see him losing anytime soon. But you never know. Like the other guy said every now and then one comes along whos style is just perfect for getting in and giving a good whipping. Look back to tyson vs. holyfeild 1. He had his number that night!!!:cool2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope he gets beat soon. I love boxing and he is a great fighter. I just hate his proud big mouth attitude.:roll_eyes:

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Me too Mickey...I can't stand his mouth

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Up to now he's had the skill to back-up that big mouth of his. :crazy:
    He might retire undefeated.

9. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    that is true philly!!!!!

10. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think he can be beat. if you watched the delahoya fight. he was getting beat after 6 rounds with dalahoyas jab controlling the pace. then for some unknown reason delahoya stopped jabbing and gave the fight away. i think a young delahoya would stop him. i think delahoya would have beaten him last time if he would have kept to his game plan and kept jabbing. i cant figure out why he gave the fight away.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I think Hatton could have beat Mayweather, if the ref would have let them mix it up a little bit..The ref, Joe Cortez was dead set against letting Hatton fight inside. Seemed a little bit odd to me...Everytime Hatton would get in close, Mayweather would hold him, then the ref would warn Hatton for holding. The fight momentum change when Hatton got a point taken away for hitting behind the head..That too was a horrible call by the ref, Mayweather clearly turned his back and set that up perfectly. I wouldnt be surprised if Mayweathers camp gave cortez some cash to not let Hatton fight his fight inside. I also think Cotto could beat Mayweather..Mayweather has been ducking Cotto for over a year now, anytime someone asks him about fighting Cotto, he doesnt answer the question,and immediatly changes the subject.