Is Favre done now?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by flathunter, Jan 24, 2010.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope we dont have to go thru another off season of the Brett Favre Saga..I hope he either retires, or says he is going to play.

I used to love him, but got so tired of hearing about him everynight on sportcenter, you know is Bret gonna play crap.

I know he loves the attention, but hope he does not drag it out another year.

2. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    i'm with you jack. I still remember the 06 superbowl when he called mariucci and made his announcement that he was "coming back" just to try to steal the attention of the superbowl publicity from the colts/bears that year. Get him back on that tractor and KEEP him there!

3. I don't know, but I am sick of that guy....retire and go catfihing dude, ya know???:angry:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Stick a fork in him!

His last pass as a Packer was pick in the 2008 NFC Championship game vs the Giants and his last pass ever will be a pick in the NFC Championship games vs the Saints!

5. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't think he will take to long to make a decision this time. He had a great season and if he wants to come back thats fine with me

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I don't really care what he does, however, I think he should hang it up. He's over 40 and his body can't take much more! Did you see him getting creamed the whole game last night? He didn't look real good.LOL!!:laugh1:

7. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anybody would have been hurting after taking some of those shots, being the warrior that he is he got right back up went at it.

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Me being a die hard Packers fan for life has alot to do with how I feel.IMHO Farve has been finished for four years now.He can still throw a great spiral 90% of the time , but when it's crunch time you are gonna have a man that throws cookies in desperation for anyone to grab.The Packers,Jets and now the Vikings have seen the results of what happens toward the end of a long season.Farve is one of the all time greats and he has stats to prove it.I also will never forget watching him on Monday night after his Father had passed away , it was one of the greatest games in his career.That being said it hurts my heart to see him go down like this , I am already afraid when he's sixty he won't be able to walk from all the punishment.I hope he is through but history tells me otherwise.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Give the man his due! Had his team mates NOT fumbled so much, (twice in the red zone, I think) he would have never been in any desperation mode. I admire the man for his accomplishments, at his age! I hope he returns. If I had his money, I'd hang it up and enjoy the rest of my life living the life of Riley. Any way you slice it, he is a true champion and one of the toughest men to ever play the game.

Bill in SC

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree. I personally thought the better team got beat last night. They couldn't hold on the ball to save themselves. I have a feeling that there is a sense that they didn't play up to potential last night, and have something to prove. I think he will decide to come back for one more year. He obviously loves the game to play with that kind of heart. Either way, he has my respect as one of the greatest players I have got to watch play football over the years. He is definetley a tough sob at age 40 too!..... rollo

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You can't expect to win turning the ball over 5 times, not to mention the penalty for 12 men in the huddle that took them out of field goal range. If not for that I believe that 3rd down call would have been a running play, then field goal to win

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Please, I think he will make the first of his decisions this off season a little bit after the SB, then, about 3-4 weeks from it he will change his mind only to go back on his word the following month. Like this all the way to training camp, then preseason. The we may finally get the last desicion, but maybe he will go back in his words again.

He loves the attencion he gets from the media and fans, how many members here were rooting for Favre but not necesarilly for the Vikings? that is why he does it.

13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Heck, the Vikings just lost in overtime in the NFC championship game, that's two out of the last three years for Brett. I don't know why people think he should retire, maybe jealously, because there's really no other reason. He's proven at 40 that he's darn sure tougher than any 25yr old qb in this league, and he can still play the game better than most, who knows when it all comes to an end, but until then I think he should keep doing what he likes to do and that's play pro football.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, that was the debacle that created the whole mess for the Vikings. I still have NO clue as to how that could have possibly happened with a pro team in their situation at that point in the game.

Bill in SC

15. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well people can say what ever they want about Favre, but the dude plays with more heart than anyone I have ever seen play the game... I hope he comes back....

16. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He does not have time to piss around this year, although he is under contract for next year, if he does retire the Vikings will need to know sooner rather than later because they will have to make a move for a QB either through the draft or trade

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The man's 40 years old! His body cannot take the abuse it did from what the Saints gave him.

He can still throw like a machine, but his legs aren't good enough.

I can't see another team picking him up after what happened the last 2 seasons.

18. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There's no way he would play for any team but the Vikings

19. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I agree. I think he will either finish out his contract with the Vikings or retire. Hes not going to any other teams. I personally think he will probably comeback for this next year.

20. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    when you watched him play you could tell he was having a good time. I hope he comes back.