Is Everyone hunting?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I was just wondering if everyone was hunting or what. There have not been too many posts on the TL/R part of this website. To start things off, the fishing for the blues at Tawakoni has been great. The water finally cooled off and the big ones are biting. Hopefully this post will get something started.

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Simple, everyone is in Hibernation....

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hunting season! Everyone's looking to fill there tags and freezers. Some are doing there winter maintenance.
    I have to redo my trailer lights that to my tow boys but oh well that gives me an excuse to get them submersible LED lights. I curious to see if they really hold up like they claim they do.

4. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Haven't seen hardly any posts from around here either, I know folks are catching but no one is posting here. Holding out for spring, maybe things will liven up!

Rubes

5. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    I am planning a trip the week after Christmas. Where on Tawakoni would you begin drifting for the big ones?

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Depending on the wind, I would start at the mouths of the creeks, and any main lake points with deep water access. I have had my best luck coming up on wind blown points, coming out of deeper water. Start in 25 to 30 ft water and drift up to 18 or so. Just about anywhere on the lake you can catch good ones.

7. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone been catching any catfish on lake conroe?

8. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I just have not had time to do either one. :0a9: