Is Everyone Getting Old But Me?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Mizzbigcat, May 24, 2008.

1. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    *Yawn* I just got in from my first paylake outing of 2008.

Four or five times a summer, my brothers, sister, cousin Dave and I get together to do a little paylakin', we've been doing this for close to 12 years now.

Well last night, I get there around 9pm, and I had just missed seeing Dave's ole lady Regina catching an 18 pound blue cat. Right after that Dave catches his second Flathead over 30 pounds (he'd been there since 4pm). A moment later, my older brother Russ lands this nice flathead.

So of course I'm thinking, "hell yeah, it's on tonight"

Well, around 10pm my sisters BF is already asleep in my Explorer.

Then, around midnight, my brother Clay's wife leaves, she's preggers, so I'll excuse that, but right afterward, Clay's asleep in his tent! ( he got to the paylake right before I did!) And to top it off, he leaves his poles, and his sons poles in the water. Nice. I'm just glad he put his kid to bed before I stuffed a sock in his mouth.

Cathy, my sister, joins her BF in the sleeping festivities around 1am, of course both of them leave thier poles in the water too.

Russ has been sick with bronchitis, so he packs up around 1:30am, and Regina follows. At least they take thier poles and stuff with them.

Dave, or as we fondly call him, Drunk Dave, takes his poles up and heads to his truck to crash around 3:30am, leaving all his other gear, bait, cooler, fire, etc., for me to watch I guess.

So, by 3:30am, it was me, nine poles, two fires, and all thier stuff to watch, taking up one whole side of the paylake.

Well, I didn't catch a daggone thing, but as you can see, I stayed very, very, busy, and just got in at 11 this morning.

I'm a little confused 'cause I thought we were going fishing, not sleeping.

And when did my brothers and sisters get to old to hang with me? Man old age must suck , that's why I ain't signing up for it!

I hope ya'll are having a great holiday weekend and catching lots of cats!

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Angie, not everyone can run with the big dawgs. Some never get off da porch. Glad ya got out with your family regardless of the catch.:wink: You'll get em next time, and mabee ya won't have to babysit the entire group.:cool2:

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well Angie - Looks like you stayed busy being night watcher. Sorry to hear they all crashed on ya soon. I love all nighters myself - I usually make sure i am rested up before i do one.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    too bad you didn't catch a big fish on each of their poles! that would have got em good this morning! wake to see Angie sitting there smoking a cig. with a couple hundred pounds of cats strung up!:wink: rollo

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    At least you're able to get out and fish. Catching the fish is just a bonus IMO!:wink::big_smile:

You're still young, I'm 35 but have the body of a 75 year old!!! :[

6. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    No kidding Jason, that's exactly what I was wanting to do!

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Oh you poor sweet young thing you .... LOL .... I am old in years but certainly not in attitude ..... you are just a babe in arms ...... LOL! :smile2::wink::eek:oooh: Garry-

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Wow, everybody must have left the site, cuz nobody jumped on this thread bout paylakes!!!:smile2::smile2::eek:oooh:

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey Will ... nobody is talking because they are finding out it is cheaper to fish pay lakes than it is to buy gas ...... :smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2: Garry-

10. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well sorry you didnt work em over with their poles, maybe next time. Im not an all nighter either. Me and a buddy went and drank last night(started at 5 pm) and I was home passing out at 10:30:crazy::eek:oooh: I just dont hang like I used too! Im the same with catfishing,Im good till about 11 or so then Im done.:wink:

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dont worry Missy, your time will come, it sucks getting old....:smile2:
    I have a tough time staying up late since my work schedule has me up at 2:45 AM, therefore Im in bed by 7:30 PM or so, heck last night was out till 9:30 and it about killed me. Im such a lightweight....

Bummer they didnt wake up and see a basket full of big fish, that would have taught them.... :crazy:

Salmonid

12. roof99

roof99 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gray hair and all!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Angie thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Glad you love fishing even if you had a bummer night on catching. On the age thing remember this. "Your day will come":smile2:

14. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good going angie rick

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    You're lucky if you wake up one morning, realize you have grandkids already and can say "I don't feel old yet". I refuse to go calmly into the night.

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Should have tied the line to some of there toes!! :smile2::smile2::smile2: Huck Finn style.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I stay up all night fishing it takes me a couple of days to recover from it, always has...I must have been old since birth.

18. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    It's Monday and I'm still recovering! I may go down to Caeasar's Creek today to see what I can get ahold of.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That gray hair will be gone today. I'll look a little younger next time you all see me. Not sure if I'm gonna have Regina shave my head or just dye it...:crazy::smile2:

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No matter how old you are, a little help goes a long way, if ya know what I mean.:wink: