Is everyone fishing yet?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Larry Beever, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Seems like it's warmed up enough to test the
    waters. I've been catching a lot of Gills
    myself. I've not done much Catfishing lately.
    Whats happening with the rest of you? Are you
    catching any Cats??? Let's Talk!

2. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There comeing out and biting good right now!!!!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey im like you I have been catching alot of blue gills, havent had the chance to catfish much lately I have made up a bunch of bait to take with me this year catfishing, hopefully it will be a productive year and the fish will be biting good.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    NO fishing here, I know all you guys are in prime season right now and that really drives me crazy. Wish I could be out fishing too!:angry:

5. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Hope the go this morning down here in GODS Country on the THE GREAT PEE DEE RIVER GOD willing. Good weather down south.

Thanks for letting me share.
    PEEDEE CAT

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    channel cat are on the feed up here.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We started the 2008 season on January 1st :smile2: The blues, and some real monsters, were on fire about a month and a half ago. They seem to be slowing down here on the Ohio (their prime time is about over) but the channels and flatties are picking up.

8. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    We fished the White river around 38th St. on Sunday. Caught one 4lb channel on cut skipjack on the bottom. Crappie and gills are hitting in some private ponds I fish. My brother did catch a large mouth this past Thursday.

If any of you go down to the White by 38th St, be careful. There are some homeless people who have set up camp under the bridge, and they where talking some trash because our flashlights beamed their way a couple of times. If there weren't 7 of us guys down there, things may have not turned out so well.

Channels are biting in Eagle Creek in the gravel pit. I was walking down there today and saw some nice channels on stringers.

Good luck all!!

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Down here we don't stop fishing. Jan is one of my best months for channel cats. Got 8 from 11 to 16 pounds. Sure glad I don't live in Indiana anymore !!!

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have not been able to go fishing this year. Its going to be a long year in Iraq.

11. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    We have been catching more channel cats, around here, lately. Like Max said, the smaller flattys are starting to become more agressive, most of them still have mud on their bellies. We always put some lines in deeper water to pick up a blue cat every now and then. Dave

12. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I leave in the morning for a Redfish trip in New Orleans for 4 days. I'll let y'all know how things go.

13. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    That's it Pirate Jerry, rub it in. You know how to hurt a Hoosier don't you! :confused2:

I keep trying to get my wife to move south so I can fish all year but she is rooted here in southern Indiana so I guess I have to stay also. No one else will put up with me.:wink:

I have been trying to catch some bait, chubs, and have no luck doing so. Too old to seine them by myself. Guess I am going to ask the neighbor kids to get bait for me and take them with me. Probably be more fun anyway.
    I made about 200 no-roll sinkers yesterday, only burnt three fingers. :eek:oooh: I am heading out this weekend.

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It bums me out you-or any of our soldiers have to be there... my brother is scheduled to go this year... thanks for what you do bro- be safe.

15. Bammbam

Bammbam New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im getting the fishing fever, ready to get out there and get my lines wet and start catching some bigguns.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me, my mom & pops did a little fishin' in my pond yesterday... never caught any catfish at all (for some reason) but MAN did we kill the crappie! I never knew that I had such HUGE freakin' crappie's in my pond... my dad caught one that I couldnt believe... it didnt even look real it was so big- wow:eek:oooh:! Mom caught one almost as big... an interesting day... VERY windy.

17. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    For some reason I can't post THANKS to you
    For repling to my post. But I do apreciate
    your responses. Thanks to you all!

18. predatorfisher

predatorfisher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Man get out there and fish!!!! You know what they say, can't catch um if you're not out there. Fishing this time of year is unbelievable in this great state of ours. I've been out 23 days since april 1st fishing for everything. The bass and crappie are really coming on strong as well as catfish, carp, and suckers in the river. If you live near the St. Joe the steelies are in there in good numbers too. I've only caught 1 in the last 4 outings but I've had some on that grew arms and pulled my hooks out. Anyway there's not any better time of year than right now. Hit me up if you're fishing in the northern part of the state.