is dove season gonna affect how much you fish this year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, Aug 31, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    got a big question. was wandering how many of yall are gonna quit fishing for dove season? i know i am gonna be doing alot of dove hunting wich will leave me little time for fishing. thought about going to the pond throwing in a pole, and shooting doves lol. anyway just curious to see how many of us this will affect.

2. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Hi guys have been without the net for awhile but we are hooked back up. Donnie I have done just what you said and killed a mess of dove and caught a limit of bass at the same time.
    I am still out of work so I should have plenty of time for both.

3. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well if you ever in my area of ellinwood look me up and we can go do some dove hunting. i can guarantee you your limit of doves. you bring your own shells and gun and you can take home a mess load of doves.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Donnie you might want to say i will Guarantee you will get shots at your limit of dove.

For most it will take about 1 box of shells per 5 doves:angry: at best.:smile2:

5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Around the Eastern part of the state I'm doing good if I see 15 on a trip let alone be able to shoot at them. A couple of years ago there were so many doves it looked like Argentina around Beloit where my relatives live. But they said there ain't enough birds to mess with.We will stop by the state dove patch on our way back from catching and releasing our normal 60-70 channel cats. But I went by there last monday after I caught 50 channel cats and there wasn't 1 stinking dove in the entire field. If the boys said there were any birds we were ready to make the 8 hour round trip. That's a lot of driving for one day.Might get out to Beloit in 2 weeks.

6. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Not sure why but doves are one thing I can hit. I have killed 15 in 14 shots and ran 37 stright one time but I do know alot of guys that have trouble hitting them.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I'll be taking my double barrel .410 when I go shore fishing on our main lake spot, it's a regular flyway. I'll probably get more doves than Cat's, kinda hard to hit them Cat's with a .410:roll_eyes::smile2:

8. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well its 1 am right now. officaly sept. 1st opening day of dove season. i gotta be up in 4 hours to get out to the spot and get all set up for the day. plan on taking the ol' single shot 20 guage and when the doves really come flying in ill switch to the mossberg pump. ill be sure to get some pics of todays hunt. and for those of you all going out dovehunting i wish you the best of luck.

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    bring me some dove and i will be happy:wink:

10. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    ill be glad to bring you some dove as long as you let me eat some of it gus. i got about 25 in my fridge right now. me and my cousin didnt do to bad this morning

11. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    checked out 3 public hunting areas and never even uncased my shotgun.We got a late start we only caught 40 channel cats....starting at 10:00 stinks too hot and not as many fish.I'll be heading west next weekend to find some doves.

12. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    ya a little:smile2: but i will still fish for crappie and stuff

13. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Drove 2 hours 1 way last Sunday to hopefully find some doves.They weren't calling for any rain when I left.Started to sprinkle when I got north of Perry lake.I got out loaded up and I hadn't gone 200 yards throgh the weeds when it started to thunder and lightning and rain real hard.I turned around and headed back to the car. A giant lightning bolt hit a tree not 10 feet from me and split the tree in half. I avoided it and realized that wearing steel toed boots and holding a shotgun in a thunderstorm wasn't too bright.Ended up wasting a large amount of gas driving 4 hours and the only thing I got out of the deal was 150 chigger bites in that 400 yard walk. Now this lousy weather has cancelled our dove trip out to Beloit where I know there are always doves.