is anyone going tomorrow?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by gottagetabigun, Apr 4, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my buddy and i are going tomorrow. is any one else? if'n you would tell us how ya'll did. were goin to the lower verdigris. i just got on the corp web page and it said it is so high you can see under it. :tounge_out:challenging to say the least.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Did you all do any good on your fishing trip

3. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    cleaned 15. we only put the scales to one and it weighed 14lbs. had another one close to that size. had several four to eight pounders. shad was pretty easy to get, good weather,all around good day. caught most of our fish before noon. picked up a few more late in the day. river was rolling. about as trashy as you will see it. took us an hour to lock through coming back up river. massive log jam in the lock. nasty. won't lock through ever again when the river is that trashy. when the river is trashy they keep the lock doors open(upstream) so the logs can't collect behind the doors and they wont open.therefore all the logs go into the lock. the lock was fine when this morning when we went down. when came back whew. there was a lane about four feet wide between the wall inside the lock and the log jam. my buddys boat is around six or seven feet wide. do the math. the lockmaster got a long pole and was pushing logs to the side for us. i was on my stomach in the front of the boat trying to clear a way. this log jam was 50,60 yards long. anyway, back to fishing, the fish hit good. when they hit they didn't fool around. can't wait till i can go again.