Is anyone going to the coast for the annual drum run in Texas?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by rpcathunter, Mar 9, 2006.

1. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm going the 18th for 3-4 days, cant wait! let me know if anybody is going.

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i might sometime this month. where you going? I usually go to the matagorda or palacios areas n fish off the piers.

3. augila

augila New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hopefully I'll be at SLP at the end of the month.:)

4. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hey Slimepig I'm going to launch off of the end of the Texas city dyke. It's a short run accross the ship chanel to the gas wells. but it's good

5. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    to finish it's good fishing off of the pier on the end of the dyke.

6. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    I Havge Fished The Flagship Hotel Pier For Years And Done Very Good My Bigest Red Fish Weighed 52lbs I Was Told That Was Huge For A Bull Red Is It Or There Alot Biger Ones Than That?

7. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i was down at the indianola fishing center about a month ago .caught a few dink reds, saw some people fihing under the lights off their dock catch about six huge black drum 40-50 inches up to 44lbs. on cut crab. good luck,
    matt

8. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im not from the area and havent heard about this...A drum run? I take it you are fishing for drum? Is it like a tournament or something? I was just curious because it sounds interesting because from the post it sounds like its on big saltwater? hmmm interesting!

9. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That pretty big, I think I recall soemone telling em they get about 70-80# as records, but 50 is a rare catch.

10. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll be moving to South Texas at the end of this month. Probably won't be settled enough to catch the drum run this year. Heck, don't even know how to fish for them. But, my curiousity is peaked, so now I have a full year to learn :)