Is Anyone Getting Rain?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Sep 21, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

I know a few days ago Cookeville, TN was flooding. It's rained another 2" today. We got rained out every time we tried to fish last week, looks like a repeat. At least we haven't had the big floods like Georgia has, I hear there has already been a couple of drownings there. Another drowning in Chattanooga also.

2. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    It has been raining every day here.
    :sad2:

3. festus

festus New Member

Yep, my girlfriend had a vacation last week, every time we started to do something when the sky let up, as soon as we'd leave the house, it would start again. I had plans to fish a couple of days this week, but since I usually fish mainly rivers and creeks, that's out of the question right now.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Went down and looked at the emory at Harriman. Leave my jugs over night I would have to start hunting them at spring city.

5. festus

festus New Member

Yep, I was at the Emory in Nemo last week and it was the same story. We drove on out to Daddy's Creek and surprisingly the water was pretty clear, but a tad bit high. As soon as we started fishing, it came another downpour, and you know how women are, she wanted to leave. We drove out of the rain to Crossville, started to fish Byrd Creek and it started again

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
  7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep on and off every day the this whole darn week.:confused2:

8. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah finally get my boat fixed and too much stormy weather to go out..Go figure..:angry:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Send some rain THIS way. Northeast SC is drier than a popcorn fart!

Bill in SC

10. festus

festus New Member

Yeah Bill, it was getting a little dry before all this stuff started last week.

The Emory River is so high I actually saw someone fishing off the Oakdale bridge with downriggers. Has anyone ever seen that before? Don't know what he was fishing for, but he had an offshore rod and reel with a downrigger. I sure hope if he hooked something he had at least 200 pound test line because that's a long way down to the water. Wanted to stop and talk with him but there was too much traffic.

It drizzled a little at daybreak but has stopped. I guarantee if I were to head out somewhere it would start again. :eek:oooh:

11. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    been raining most everyday...yesterday we saw rivers develop in my driveway, the rain was crazy heavy!

12. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live about 4 miles north west of McEwen Tn and we haven't had but about 1.86 inches of rain in the last 11 days. If you don't like Tenn weather then just wait a minute

13. festus

festus New Member

We've had another 2-1/4 inches of rain since this morning. Flash flood warnings all over East TN. It's supposed to continue all day

14. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Went tonight and got caught out in a monsoon with nowhere to go. Turned a decent evening for fishing sour.

15. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Got a washout last night! Rode up my cousins today and shes out in the deep country most yards looked like ponds and the creek was just a rollin.:eek:oooh:

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    its rainin here in eastern PA, should end by sunday afternoon