Is anyone fishing the ohio

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by troythebigcathunter, Nov 20, 2006.

1. troythebigcathunter

troythebigcathunter New Member

State:
    Tell city,Indiana
    Just wondering if anyone is fishing the ohio,Im in the tell city or perry county area,And i have not noticed anyone fishing at all,Is the weather to cold for a big fat cat,Im a shorline guy and i know i cannot find a place open to cast out,Ive been wanting to take my daughter for some family fishing,But i don`t want people to think bad of me for doing it,But then again i am having trouble retiring my poles untill next year,If anyone can tell me a good spot for casting and not to hard to get to with a 3 year old,Let me know,Happy thanksgiving to you all

2. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    The one place I can think of is the mouth of the Anderson River. There's a pavilion there where you can park. I've seen people fish there before, and there's always lots of white bass hanging out. Haven't fished it yet for catfish, but I don't doubt they're around there. It's worth checking out. The bank is a little steep, but you might have a decent bit of shore if the water isn't too high.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    if the water is high and rising , by all means go and fish close to the bank i mean close with in a few feet if its not rising cast out as far as you can . blues love this time of year and should be in the area you fish use cut bait fish shad or gills should work and produce good for you . good luck and welcome to the BOC

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    This time of year is prime for Big Blues on the Ohio! They will hit all year round. Good luck! Once you find out where they are you will have a field day. If you hook into one of those big 70-90 pounders you will have your hands full. Good luck brother!:wink:

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I often fish Harrison Co. Boat Ramp right by the hydro's. As a matter of fact I will be there today and hope to catch a few. I will be using Shad,Bluegills, and Pork Liver.

6. troythebigcathunter

troythebigcathunter New Member

State:
    Tell city,Indiana
    Well i went and got skunked,So im not doing somthing right,Was using shad for bait,Didn`t even get a hit...Still was fun though