Is anyone fishing Teledo Bend

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Shannon Self, May 14, 2009.

1. Shannon Self

Shannon Self New Member

State:
    la
    I have been fishing the Bend for the past month. We have caught some real nice fish, and all the sudden I can't find them any wear. I have fished in the shallows and in the deep they are not to be found. Can some one help me?

2. nightrider

nightrider New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    If your are looking for catfish, i heard of a few catching on jug lines at night. We caught a few over brush piles while fishing for white perch. If it white perch your after look for brush piles in 25ft of water near the river channel and drop a shiner down with a jig head, count to 12 and start reeling up slow, should feel dead weight or a slight tap, set the hook, and heat the grease. Hope this helps and be safe.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i fish toledo bend some, try to make the sealy outdoors catfish splash every year. do good sometimes, then sometimes they just shut down. my guess is the're still in spawning mode cuz. the bite is slower, but when they get done, hold on to ur rod cause its about to get craaazy.

4. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Yep the blues are still spawning. They are still biting shad if you want to fish for them. I have a camp on the Sabine and catch plenty from my dock. You can get all the shad you want at the wall in Logansport.