Is anyone finding mushrooms in Missouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wayne7009, Apr 4, 2006.

1. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    is anyone finding any mushrooms yet i have looked but think its still to dry

2. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    What a coincidence.. I went out behind the house this morning to see if any started popping yet with these hot humid days we've had associated with the storms. Haven't seen any yet tho.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Another 2 weeks up here before I'll start looking,I want to give the ticks a chance to get going good:crying: hate those things!!

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Ticks are out and eating. Come on Morels! :worship:

5. ace.clarke

ace.clarke New Member

State:
    Warrenton, MO
    im ready for the morels as well... Those things are the best tasting things... I guess especially good because they only come around one time a year...

6. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    yes they are very good to eat i cant wait anyone have a clue as how they grow or do they need a certian fungus or just the right heat and shading i do notice they grow good around sycamore trees and what not

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Mushrooms are a fungus in them self’s. They need more so the right temperature and precipitation. Yes they also come out in the fall. Just not as predominately.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Ive already found 45 morels since last friday. Almost all of them are brown. Should be getting good in the next week or so. I live in Southern Indiana.

9. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Havent started looking around here yet it seems to be a little early. I HATE those ticks as well. I got covered in them last year. Does anybody know of any good pesticides or any sprays you can use that actually work? I cant wait to fry up some good ole morels!

10. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    Eat lots of garlic.. That seems to keep em off me! Of course it might keep the ladies away too.. lol

11. Kevin

Kevin New Member

State:
    NE Kansas
    man i cant wait till they pop up

12. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just be sure to avoid the immoral mushrooms...:)

13. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    i wonder if a person can just grow them

14. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    were finding the black morels on the ridge tops now in southwest missouri.with the temps we are haveing im betting the next sunshine that follows a rain will producee the white morels in the bottoms and side hollows.

15. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Have not seen or heard of anyone finding any around here yet...maybe its just to dry still.

16. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    seven dust mixed in water soak clothes in it and hang them out to dry. the best thing i know is avon skin so soft bath oil.aplly directly to skin before you dress. you will have to put up with a few smart comments from your buddies but you will not find a tick on you.or a chigger either for that matter. dont try the bug spray they make use the oil.it does work extremly well.

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
  18. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    thanks for the site theres alot of good pics in there thanks for that beeheck:)

19. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Thanks for the sight's. very good info for me as this is my first year hunting mushrooms. My friend took me out hunting for them when the fishing wasn't too good in between the rain storms last sunday and we brought back 2,5gallon pails of red muchrooms. Plenty for 5 families to have some. Quite tasty!

20. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    now we are gittin some rian now we need a little heat and i think they will pop up