IS ANYONE CATCHING ANYTHING?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fishin magician, Sep 10, 2009.

1. fishin magician

fishin magician New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey i was just wondering if anyone is catching anything or if i am the only one with this streak of bad luck? I am fishing the cape fear around e-town and the past couple of times ive been out i have reeled in empty is this just me?

2. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    dont give up man........theyre biting........trust me.........where abouts are you trying and what are you using for bait!............what time of day do you start and quit!:wink:

3. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    im headin down to etown this saturday, going to fish by the lock. like kevin said what bait are you using.... i use live ells and bream, we normally have descent luck.

4. fishin magician

State:
    nc
    I am fishing at the lock and dam down about 3 or so miles where the river bends sharp to the right theres a cabin to the left and a sand bar to the right, i go out in the morning and in the evening but dont stay out after dark, i fish with eels and bream i do better with beef hearts but there hard to find. the past 2 trips i have got nothing i have a few friends that fish the tar heel area and arent catching too. I was just wondering if that was just me or if nobody is catching fish? let me know if I am doing something wrong .:sad2:

5. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i have never really traveled down river any. not brave enough, i have a fiberglass hull and i REALLY dont want to hit a stump or underwater tree. i have always had my best luck right up by the lock and almost directly across from the boat ramp. but i will be out there tomorrow night probably around 5 until sunday mornin.:roll_eyes:

6. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    brian...i think the problem is youre not staying out long enough.......water temps still kinda warm....flat heads are mostly noctournal!......still a little early for the blues during the day.........try extending the trip into the night....i tend to think and most will agree youll have more prosperous results..........and as far as the question....is anyone else catching..........yeah......nothing huge in the blue range though.....waiting for them.....flatheads are doing pretty good.................youre fishing at the sugar loaf.........ride on down a mile or so to the 2nd loaf on the left............fish the willow line down stream from the sandy beach..............the blues are doing ok on the willows.......they may be biting on the outer edge oe maybe under the edge of the tree line.............flatties............look for the current breaks!:wink:

7. fishin magician

State:
    nc
    thanks reaper i think i will be going there in the morning, maybe my luck will get a little better, it definetley could not get worse.:big_smile:

8. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    went out to the lock 2 saturday night. fished until around 130. got 2 bites. only ended up snagging a passin boat!!!! we used ells and brim.

9. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    bye the way nice to meet u at the boat ramp brian(fishin magician) those people u told me about with that dixie boat havin trouble at the ramp, they had a time gettin it back on the trailer and out of the water:embarassed:

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Cattin has been slow on the ohio river in my area of KY the last month or so.Im lookin forward to a strong fall.:wink:

11. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    fished all night on the cape down above lock 1 by the ferry, had twp hits and that was it. think we tried 5 diffrent places.. think thats the 4th trip i done on the cape in that area and i aint going again untill someone else is offering to take me. that area done pissed me off lol

12. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    just give time:confused2:. when it gets cooler the big blues out to get goin

13. fishin magician

State:
    nc
    I fished sunday morning down from the lock in E-town from 6 am till noon cought one 9 lb blue and a 9.9 lb gar it looked like an alligator gar like they have in texas but not sure does anyone know if they are around here too? and had a couple of nice bites but that was it, and i was using cut bream for bait. not a bad morning.:big_smile:

14. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2: sounds like you had a gar brian........not quiet the same as from texas....but the capefear is full of them! glad to hear you were halfway satisfied with your trip!:wink:

15. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    I've been fishing below the damn in Elisabeth Town and have had alot of luck the past few months with 8-12 gizzard shad cut just above the tail. Ive been starting around 7 and finishing around 10. Ive been fishing the ledges and wing dams. The shad are hard to come by but thats all they've been biting on.:wink:

16. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    no alligator gar around here!!! they are longnose gar!!!!! good luck!!!!

17. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    It has turn around for me in the last few weeks, I have been catching a few in structure, no rel big one a few around 20lbs nothing bigger than that. There is still another big out there for me this year I hope:smile2:

18. fishin magician

State:
    nc
    I fished all morning today at the locks in e-town and had 10 jugs out and didnt even have a nibble I dont know if it was the bait I was using, cut mullet or the 3 army and navy ships going up and down the river doing military exersizes anyways did not have a good day did anyone else catch anything.:sad2:

19. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    daniel...theres quiet a few out there for everyone....just dont give up man.....fishing still just isnt quiet right yet!

20. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2: brian.....those were marines......and those are some wicked boats.......were they firing blanks out of the guns? if so you could call it quits for fishing! never had any luck with mullet....a few of us on here have discussed that before....never had a hit on it either wat.....live or cut!