Is anyone Building a Hydogen Generator???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by akwolf41, Feb 20, 2008.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    I have been gathering parts to assemble one. I am going to try to Hydrogen Inject my old 93 Dodge Grand Caravan. I have a few friends that are doing the same. If you are messing with one or are using one, Post on this thread. Maybe we can share some Backyard info.

Thanks;

Gene

2. snoman774

snoman774 New Member

State:
    fouke,ar
    ive thought about this for a few years but never got around to it yet let us know how it does

3. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brothers, and Sisters too;
    If your going to "mess" with Hydrogen and have never done so then, please, Please, PLEASE!, be VERY CAREFUL!!
    If you don't know exactly what your doing, you can blow your Tail-End {toned down for a family channel standards of language } blown or burnt Sky-HIGH!
    I would NOT want to hear of that happening to one of My Brothers or Sisters!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2: That would make me VERY SAD :-(````` Indeed!!
    I know, I know, your all adults and all, ... but still ...
    Heed My Warning and TAKE CARE along with being S-A-F-E too!
    Nuff Said as I don't want to be too bothersome.
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post, start of a Prayer]]]]]

4. Menth

Menth New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mythbusters did a episode on that very same thing. Seems you will need alot of electricity to make enough hydrogen.

Sounds fun tho. If you dont blow up let us know how it goes :wink:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    might ought to leave that stuff alone !!!!!!!!!!!

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Uhhhh... What is a hydrogen generator?

OK, stupid question..... What are they supposed to do?

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    No, but I've heard of running vehicles on salt water.
    :big_smile:

Worked with using pure hydrogen and separating hydrogen from process gases for many years. Agree with Coyote, very powerful stuff.

Simple form of a hydrogen explosion.... wet cell battery explosion caused from hydrogen gas coming from the battery.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    In my younger days I used to build a little electrolysis setup to separate hydrogen and oxygen from water. Can’t remember the details, but some of the electrode parts came from a disassembled D cell heavy duty battery.

Not having much else to do with the finished product it generally got collected into plastic sandwich bags and set on fire. My real goal was to collect enough hydrogen in a trash bag to turn it into a balloon, but for some reason I never came close to having enough hydrogen to try it. In hindsight, that was probably a good thing, lol.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Gene, you need to talk to Pete about this. He is interested in making one also.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys Gene is only making a on demand unit. There no storing of the hydrogen.
    So danger is not that bad. Even if it does blow, It will not be anything. Most people see a big tank and filling it and yes you better watch out.
    Also Mythbusters suck on some things and this one of of them. It does not take but a small amount of electric to work. If its built right. Theres guys out there that are running the units and only using 3 of 5 amps or power.
    Also lots of people are and have been for years running this on demand unit. It only boost what you get out of each gallon of gas. Your not running on Hydrogen. Just turn standard air into a supper air that causes Gas and Diesel to burn better. Diesel jumps to almost 95% burn with this.
    Been reading and reserching it for years. And hope to have a unit on our 2004 Duramax in the next few months.
    Pete

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have a friend that is tinkering with hydrogen. He has given me some demonstrations. Absolutely amazing. Hydrogen is THE MOST ABUNDANT element on earth. There is NO QUESTION that our government should be wide open developing hydrogen as a fuel source for our vehicles. Too much greed going on for it to materialize at this point. We MUST get free from the dependency of foreign oil!! There is a Scandanavian country that has what they call the "hydrogen highway" that goes all across the country. They make the hydrogen at each fuel stop along the way. I could rant and ramble all day about our government, and hydrogen, but no use to get worked up over it this morning. :)
    BB in SC

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I doubt we'll see hydrogen become a staple fuel for cars.
    Its too dangerous. We have many car crashes daily without fire. That wouldnt be the case with stored hydrogen.
    Fueling is another problem. Do you get nervous with that guy at the next pump smoking a cigarette?
    Try that with hydrogen.

I think the best picture of stored hydrogen I can give is the Hindenburg.
    It aint gas like we are used to.

As for the topic of this thread, there is alot of reading online to catch up on if you haven't heard of it.
    kits are available.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, the Hindenburg was a poorly designed thin skinned vehicle. Just as with NASCAR, non rupturable (not a word, I know) fuel cells could be developed. Check of the Scandinavian link here. Those folks are right sharp, and this proves that it is workable. Just plain common sense. When I saw my buddy Rob extract hydrogen from water, I knew he was on to something. Another plus is that the only byproduct of hydrogen is pure drinking water right out of the tail pipe. ZERO hydrocarbon emissions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_highway

Bill in SC

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Hydrogen cars have been out on the roads in the US for 3+ years. And theres even fleets of city buses running on it.
    But its not cheap to get to that point. I don't think the goverment ever stand behind it. As it would cut into the Oil Company's Profits.
    But the Cell like Gene is talking about may be on ever ones car in 10 years or so.
    yes there kits out there. Or you can buy one and mount it and take off. Or even have it mounted on your car.
    Pete

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Gene if I can find the file I have. I will send it to you. It shows how to build a control box. That allows you to use a pulse wave voltage. and cuts down on your heat buildup.
    Pete

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <As it would cut into the Oil Company's Profits.>

eggzactly! :)
    BB in SC

17. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Guys the Hydogen Generator that I am in the process of constructing is an on demand Hydogen Generator that will only make Hydrox(brown) Gas when the engine is running and the gas will go into the intake air vent for the vehicle and be burnt immediately. There is no storage of hydogen at all. It, Hydox Gas, or Browns Gas, whichever you want to call it is a very flammable gas, It is made up with one molecule of Oxygen and 2 molecules of hydrogen.It will be used in the motor right along with Gasoline. Most tests show an increase in mileage from 15% to 45%. I am using a tall 12" by 5" diameter Plastic Tank that is air tight with a line and a check valve going to the motor. It will operate on batter volage source that will be reduced down to 1.5 amps with a Triac or control circuitry. It will run on Water and vinegar or (Potassium Hydroxide Pellets). It is not as Scary os some of you are thinking that it is.

There are lots of these generators being used out there in the marketplace.

I have a good set of Plans that I am using to make this, but I am changing the style if Positive and Negative internal Plates and the way of energizing the plates.

I have a video that everyone needs to watch about a Guy that has been working on Hydogen for the last 15 years and you will freak out if you watch it in its intirety. I will try and post this in a while.

Gene

18. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    ya'll will recognize gene at the expo .......... he'll be the one going over at 12 oclock high with his butt smoking !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

19. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Here is a the Video that I was talking about. The Video Quality isn't very good, but at least listen to it.

[googlevid]7738014246184962666[/googlevid]

Gene

20. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Regarding the safety of hydrogen or natural gas as an automotive fuel, I had a discussion with a firefighter friend a few years back. His take was that it would be much safer than gasoline in a wreck because it tends to dissipate into the atmosphere vs gasoline, which pools under the car and gives off explosive vapors for an extended time. Makes a lot of sense, although wrecks aren't the only concern.