Is anybody fishing Truman Tailrace or Bagnell Tailrace tonight?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Seth, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I can't decide what to do on fishing tonight. All my fishing buddies have something else going on and it looks like I might be going solo. There's nobody else I can think of that would be willing to fish as long as I do when I make trips to them places.

Is anybody on here going to be up at the Truman Tailrace or the Bagnell Dam Tailrace fishing tonight?

2. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Seth, If I didnt work weekends I'd drive up from Springfield just to learn to fish for those big cats. I'm new to the forum and introduced myself this morning then made a post with some questions about Truman Tailrace fishing and no one has answered , hum !! Makes me wonder if I possibly said something wrong or is the Tailrace supposed to be a secret hole. Anyway, I'm coming up Wednesday morning with the little john boat and take a stab at fishing all day. Luck to you ! POLECAT

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Truman isn't a secret by any means. I'm still learning what to do to catch them big ones up there too. We got skunked last night, but the guy right besides us pulled in a 40+ right at dark.

Get there early and make sure to get a good spot that's for sure. It was like opening day of trout season down there too and peoples lines kept drifting into each other on just about every cast.

4. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Seth, you've got to be kidding - they were lined up like opening day at bennett springs. Wow thats pretty crazy but ofcourse it was a weekend. Maybe when I come up it wont be so bad in the middle of the week. Not trying to be nosey but where you driving in from ? polecat

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I live in Gasconade County and I am about 2.5 hours East of Warsaw.