Is Ande Premium good?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 9, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    SRRY IM POSTING SO MANY THREADS BUT I FIGURE THELL HELP SOMEONE

SO UH.. YA.... HOW DO SOME OF YOU LIKE ANDE LINE ON SPINNING REELS (20 LB)

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ande line is the current mono I use on my baitcasters. I have used it for several years and have no problems with it and will continue to use it. It costs a little more, but the stretch is consistent and breaking point is consistent.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I run a lot of premium salt water ande and really like it. Even on the poles I have 65 lb. and 100 lb. power pro I use 50 lb. and 80 lb. clear ande for leaders. For anyone that wants to stick with mono I would strongly recomend it for any kind of reel in any lb. test. The envy green is high vis and I have it in 30 lb. on some of my reels.

4. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    I might have to try some how does it cast?

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not an expert, but just last night I had a bad experience with it. I was using it for a leader, 50#. The very first hang up. it was damaged really bad. The rest of my rods had Berkly big Game and went through the same conditions and preformed to a higher standard. Same line weight. I have always wanted to try it , but wont now. I'm sure it cast better, but I don't think it is as abrasion resistant.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Jack, the fact that you got your leader and rig back from being hung to give it an inspection is a pretty good testamonial for ande line. Theres no telling what it was rubbing and hung on. Like any line you use you will have to inspect it and change as needed.

As far as casting I wouldn't recomend going over 30 lb. test for the main line on an abu 6000 or 6500 or equivalent. 40 lb. will cast well on an abu 7000 or equivalent. I have not had any problems with using 40 lb., 50 lb. or 80 lb. ande for leaders. It is very abrasion resistant, ties strong knots and will put fish in the boat:big_smile:.

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've used Ande Premium quite a bit and I've never had any issues with it at all. I've used 12lb-50lb test on various casting reels. It's always worked at.

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Bassmassey uses Ande exclusively and has brought fish ashore. He really thinks a lot of this line, he may own some stock somewhere :wink:. As far as posting, please I enjoy the questions and the answers they generate. One thing about fisher (persons) if they ain't fishing, they're talking about it.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ande's is one of the better mono's it holds over 1300 IGFA records so that should say something about there line:big_smile:

10. pcholmes

pcholmes New Member

State:
    California
    I live on the coast of Monterey Bay and have used Ande Premium for many years. It is always been a saltwater staple even for Baja long range trips. I use 30lb pink Ande for catfish leader exclusively. Remember to use the cheap Premium and not the tournament.
    Phil

11. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    How does it compare Big Game in price and performance. I'm using Big Game on my rod and it is awesome. Never used Ande but I have heard good things.

12. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    what about the ande monster yellow line anyone tried it

13. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    why not use 1/4 inch steel cable. I think that loosing a catfish because a line breaks is a terrible feeling and major let down, but at some point you have to leave some advantage to the catfish. Hunting with a semi-automatic, not sporting. Fishing with deep saltwater gear for catfish, not sporting. Sure the hunt is the same, but just hauling a big one in leaves something lacking. This is just my opinion and you will hear others that disagree. As far as quality, it is hard to beat any of the Ande line. Good hunting.:wink:

14. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  15. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

sometimes its the rod that makes all the difference....
    our boat is a day cruiser and i brought my bigger rod on it today and it was anoying how big and bulky it was ...

i still had 35 lb braid on it but it is just different feeling....