Is Alton fishable?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Sep 15, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    It's projected to be at 30 feet tomorrow. I remember fishing that area at 24, but not 30. Is it even safe to fish? In addition, can you still put in at CB?

I've been awol for over 10 days, so I'm itching. If it's possible, I'll try to give it a go. Any thoughts?

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I don't think any of the ramps are open Greg to be honest with ya......Alton's parking lot is under water when the river level is at 21 feet. I imagine that all the gates, including the locks, are all wide open and roaring right now....I would stay on the safe side and wait it out a bit...

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That's all I needed to hear. You're a good litmus test. If the rat man with an impending wedding that will cut his fishing time 75% won't go, then it's not worth it to me.

Thanks.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Just don't gage the safety of the river by if Ryan's out there....He'll fish through anything! :wink:

5. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    i am wanting to go out this weekend... at what level would it be considered safe or worthwhile going? I am very new to the big river and have no idea how to gauge it etc... thanks

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    He's on another level. With that said, I'm all ears if folks go.

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Bryan, if ya got an itch for the water this weekend I would be looking at one of the lakes. The big rivers would not be safe for anybody right now, plus even if you could find a ramp open the debris on the water would make it not so pleasant.

8. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That's it. The rat's word is one thing, the rat's word reiterated by michael jake is another. I'm gonna tackle the honey do's this week. I can't say I like it.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I've been out there and fished the high water this spring, but right now, most if not all the ramps are under water! Once the ramps are good to go, you're damn right, I'll be back out there! We'll see what they look like this weekend.......I'm aiming to get out maybe Sunday afternoon / evening if I can find a ramp that's open. :crazy::crazy:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/river...ts&data[]=lowwater&submit=Make+my+River+Page!

It doesn't look promising though...:confused2:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
  11. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I think it has to be at like 28-27 ft. to be able to put in at CB.Maybe Sunday if the ramps not full of mud and the gates aren't locked.