Is a paylake considerd as a pond?

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by andrew76, Dec 18, 2008.

1. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well in my neck of the wood here in south west ohio most of the paylakes range from 3-7 acres. Please let me know what u think.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am sure there is a cut off in acerage ... Elkhorn Creek here in KY is 99.7 miles . 3/10th of a mile shy of a river .

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH NO! DUCK AND COVER! LOL!

4. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

:crazy::eek:oooh: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes. Paylakes are considered ponds in a way.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
  7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I consider a pay lake more of a barrel than a lake. The kind you shoot fish in :smile2:.

OK pay lake guys, let me have it :wink:.

8. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I believe a lake is feed by a stream, creek, or river. A lake has current and ponds do not. Ponds are feed by underground springs and rain.

9. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    Paylake i didnt think we could cuss on here!i think the cutoff from a pond to a lake is if its over 2 acres its a lake under its a pond. i dont know how paylakes got their name but most are ponds

10. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
  11. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    The light leads here.....

http://www.catfishrescue.com/

I leave you this link to Catfish Rescue because I have seen what some of the commercial catfish men do to our trouphy fish all around the nation and here in southwest Viginia. The commercial fishermen capture and catch 1000's of our trouphy catfish from public fisheries and sell them to the paylakes. One day the big fish may be gone from the public waterways and our kids won't have the joy of catching the big one, taking it's picture and putting it back in the water to live on, that is why I hate to see them around here in the spring loading up trucks to go to pay lake owners. Follow the light and sign the pitition fellow BPC members!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ive never seen a paylake. Why do people fish paylakes? Is there no real lakes ponds rivers or streams around? Not bashing paylakes just want to know

13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: wtf do think web site about hell no scum lake SUCK they are stealing are public fish :angry::angry::angry::angry: dude yes duck and cover in coming

14. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If your stats weren't listed I would think you were new to this site. Saying paylake on here is like cussing in church.

15. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    paylake sounds better than paypond :smile2::smile2::smile2: sorry couldnt pass that one up

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Please tell me what this has to do with whether or not a paylake is a pond technically? Need to know what one has to do with the other.

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, that was very interesting, but alas I'm just as ignorant now as was before reading it! lmao :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I do apoligise to my BOC brothers and sisters for posting this, it is indeed inappropriate, and off target for the thread.
    More on target for the thread, most of the pay lakes that I have seen have been what would probably be considered a pond.

19. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio