IRVINE LAKE

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluecatfish, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    WE WILL GO FISHING AT IRVINE LAKE ON TODAY AND TMW TOO FOR OPEN SEASON BIGGER BLUE CATFISH AND FLAT CATFISH TOO....WE WILL GO CAMPING AND USE PAGER ON WEBSIT THAT WHY....WE WILL TAKE PIC AS SOON OKAY:cool2:]

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Welcome to the BOC. I know Irvine has blues and channels, but I don't believe they have flatheads. Gotta go to Colorado River for those bad boys. Post your pics when you're done.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    welcome to the BOC

4. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    REALLY I DONT KNOW THAT...THEY DOD BEFORE CATCH FLATHEAD CATFISH AT IRVINE LAKE??? I NEVER SEE THERE FOR FLATHEAD CATFISH THAT WHY...NICE MEET U TOO:wink:

5. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    NICE MEET U TOO AND I'M SO FIRST TIME JOIN HERE CATFISH1 THAT WHY AND I LIKE IT COOL!!!!..DO U LIKE ALL GUYS CATCH CARP AND KOI CARP????

6. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    ALL GUYS KNOW WHO RONSON?? HE VERY GOOD CATCH MANY BLUE CATFISH!!!

Attached Files:

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Bluehunter will know who he is,if you wany any info on blue catfish bluehunter will be the man to ask

8. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    I CAN ASK TO BLUEHUNTER KNOW WHO RONSON???

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    he is a member here on BOC. knows the most about Blues as probably anyone

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea.... we've heard of Ronson Smothers.... "cat man doo".... the mackerel bait man.....Gets good bucks for quideing on the pay lakes... got a boat just like me and Riverbudd55. "NorthRiver"

Bayrunner Ray

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Eddie, welcome to the BOC:0a25: I came this close to fishing yesterday but I had to stay @ work until about 11:00pm. So how did you do? Hope to get to fish with you sometime.

Jaime

12. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC Eddie.
    At the Fred Hall Show the display of stocked fish at Irvine Lake includes flatheads. They prohibit the use of live bait there so the odds of catching them are greatly reduced.

13. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Some big sturgeon in there also. Wish I lived closer.

14. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Tom,
    I am really confused. I have followed hearing about bucket biologist, and i agree leave it to fish and game and certified agencies. Why would anyone put flathead catfish in a pay lake, which does not allow live bait. Just wondering, thanks

15. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    As far as I know the concessionaires at these pay lakes have a pretty wide latitude as to what they are allowed to stock but they still have to have permits from the fish and game. As far as Irvine Lake goes its drainage is the Santiago Creek that joins the Santa Ana river and then the Pacific Ocean so there is very little chance of any fish escaping into another system.
    The restriction on live bait is at the discretion of the lake operator I believe.
    Here in Ca. it is illegal to transport any fish from one body of water to another with good reason. There are a few species that could really do some damage to native fish stocks if they were to spread. A good example is the White Bass that have been planted in Lake Nacimeinto that drains into the Salinas River and the Pacific. Some of those 'Bucket Biologists' have moved white bass into other lakes that drain into the California rivers delta system, habitat for native salmon. White bass are prolific breeders and voracious predators of shad and other species fry. They are known to out compete other species. There has also been illegal planting of northern pike into lakes on the delta feeder rivers. The result of these morons releasing white bass and pike into other lakes has been the F&G killing all the fish in those lakes to eliminate the threat and protect native species.
    There are other considerations such as moving fish that are carriers of diseases that the species in another system may not have immunity to.
    I'm sure there are similar regs where you fish for some of the same reasons.
    So if you witness or know of any one doing something that stupid Call your Fish and Wildlife agency and turn them in. It may just protect your favorite fishing hole from being killed off.

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Welcome to the board Eddie, Anytime ya need any info on the vine ya gots to ask the Bluehunter(Brian is the man on the BOC for the vine) He and Catmando(Ronson Smothers) are at the top when it comes to Irvine:wink:

17. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    The base fine for 'Placement of Prohibited Species in Designated
    Waters' in California is $3000.00.

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Fished irvine last night. Quite a decent turn out for the tournament. Ran into quite a few peeps and regulars that I now from the vine. The bite was ok in certain zones but we could not find anything with weight to get in the prizes. Biggest fish was only 8 pounds. Smallest was 3 pounds. My biggest was 2.14 while ronsons was 2.8. The rats was in affect for this one. Lol. There next derby is around the fourth of july weekend so I will be back for that one.

As far as flatheads in Irvine I never heard of that. The conversation never came up with anyone I talk to about it and even Jimmy who works there. I will bring that topic up next time I go there. I was not at the Fred Hall show to see the display and they normally do not display whats not in the water there. I do remember one time hearing about Corona having a few flatheads slip in.Hesperia has a few flatheads in there but they were purposely stocked. It would not be surprising for Irvine lake as well. Lake Perris found a few flatheads during a testing and the source of that info was in a Jim Matthews report last summer.

19. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    REALLY I DONT KNOW THAT WOW COOL..NICE MEET U TOO:big_smile:

20. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    NO I DID MISSION CATCH BIG CATFISH LOOK LIKE 12LBS AND MI OWN LINE IS BRAKE MAN AND I WILL DO IT NEXT TIME OKAY