Irvine Lake Personal Best

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Pontoon, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    I've been waiting two years to get this fish and my number came up this weekend. On a very slow Saturday night I was in the right place at the right time to hook and land my PB 45.5lb Blue.

Attached Files:

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    great job. i fished that lake for yrs and best was i think about 15 lbs. glad to hear you got it. good job and good at sticking at it.
    gary

3. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Way to go, Terry! What bait were you using? CPR?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Outstandin! Two years is a long time to sit in a boat. LOL!

5. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    nice looking fish. keep it up

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Way to go Pontoon..... I quess that it pays or you pay to catch em at the vine.... glad to see you got one of the big ones.... "keep it up" thanks for the post of the fishing....

Bayrunner Ray

7. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess two years would be a long time to sit in one spot before moving. LOL
    Yes I'll admit Irvine is a pay to fish lake but early on in the season my buddy and I decided we weren't going to mess with the stockers and decided to look for the bigger holdover fish. I guess if a person sticks to his guns he might just get lucky. It was definitely a fun experienc and a battle I'll not soon forget.

8. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    By the way, yes, the fish was released. To be honest, seeing this fish swim away to hopefully be caught again was very very satisfying.

9. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    congrats on that fish/monster. That must have been a great feeling, the fight that is.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Tried to give you some reps brother......I need to share the love. Will be back to rep you on the CPR.......5 no heck 10 stars for the release:wink:

11. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Robb,
    I appreciate that very much! Here's a pic of the release. I've got to say for a while I was a little worried but it wasn't long and the fish clamped down on my hand, kicked a few times and it was off. It sounds funny but I said a little prayer for that fish that night.
    I'm sure it won't hold up long as the biggest fish this season but man am I enjoyin' it while it lasts.

Attached Files:

12. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Pontoon great going on the big un' Hope it is not the last for you.. Persistence pays off. Is trolly on here too?:big_smile::tounge_out::wink:

CS
    Big Taz

13. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Corey, It didn't take long for it to get beat out though. Less than a week later Ronson bested it with a 59.3lbr. I knew it wouldn't take long for him to get the big fish this season. The man is good at what he does.

LOL, I've been trying to get Trolly to sign up. I'll have to work on him a little harder.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Terry, I have a feeling your not done fishing yet! Fall is upon us and as you know that is when the big blues are caught at Irvine!

Jaime

15. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Jaime, we've only got three weeks left and we'll be out there chasing that dream fish for sure. Then it will be off to test out some new lakes and see what we can get.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Terry,

What's left to say but - :crazy:

"Congrantulation" :big_smile:

"Way to go buddy" :wink:

Bert