Irvine lake fishing report

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by janzaldo, Aug 27, 2007.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody hope all is well. I fished Irvine on friday with my good buddy Joe Drew. Total count for the night was four channels biggest was 3lbs. After fishing Irvine for about five years I finally caught my first channel cat! I was using Dummongs mackeral fishing on the west shore by the boat ramp and dock. We had alot of short bites that kept things intrested. We fished from about 5pm to about 1am. I was fishing two set ups one with mackeral the other with night crawlers using Gene Chambers Kat bobber. As soon as iit got dark I attached a glow stick to the Kat bobber. I got three hits using on the nightcrawler. It so neat watching your bait get hit with a Katbobber! as soon as you get hit the kattbobber tilts up and with the glow stick, you can see it from a distance. My buddy Joe caught three on Dumongs mackeral.
    The night was just beautiful no wind at all.

I fried up my catfish fillets using a great fish fry. Talk about good eating.

Jaime

2. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Jaime, I had to take a peek at what was happening here lately and saw your post. Great job on the kitties!
    I'll be back out to the Vine in full force next weekend.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Terry! I hope to meet you in person real soon. Hopefully Brian will put us on some double digit fish! The key is finding those drop offs.

Jaime

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Great report Jaime, thanks for posting! I still haven't tried fishing Irvine lake yet but I want to get out there one of these days. Great job on the fish!

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Way to go jamie, good to see that your out there doing your part at Irvine.... Been several years since I have been there for the kitties..... I read in the WON news that "blue" has been busy at the vine getting good size limits. When I was at the BP store back before it opened up I caught a big blue in the Parking lot. Yea..... Nice big blue..... even have a picture of it..... looks to be near 60 to 70 lbs.... "I got it Noodling" and after the CPR I put it back where I got it on a pallet next to some other nice looking "stuffed fish" It was so nice looking.... We had a great dinner at claim jumper.... I imagine that it might have tasted rather dry in the condition that It was in....The fish looks big.... not as big as the bellie on me.....some day I may catch the same by using hook and line....

bayrunner ray

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    had to read this one three times before i got it. :embarassed: was trying to figure out the "noodling" statement. duh.
    gary

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jamie glad to here all is well with you.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Jaime! That Dumongs is good S*@T! What is weird, is that Maceral DuMongs is not effect around here. Even Mack by it's self is not effective. Down where you S/Cal boys are, seems like it works great:confused2:

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Brandon, I really like fishing Irvine, if you are not catching fish, atleast you have nice scenary to look at. When you make it out to Irvine, let me know, it will be very nice to meet you. If we get enough people, we can rent a pontoon and fish the lake in comfort.
    Hi Ray, wow, now that is a nice looking blue. I hope you catch that big one as well Ray. FYI, fall is the time when the big blues are caught at Irvine.

Hi Robb, glad to see you posting! Hope you are doing well. I woner if it is that we get farm raised channels and where you fish I am asuming they are wild, hmm.

Jaime

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Jaime, i miss that lake. i used to fish it all the time back in 70's. then was only 10.00 to get in. not sure now.

gary

11. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Jaime- That would be fun if we could get a small group of us together and rent a toon at Irvine. Does Irvine have night fishing every night of the week or only on weekends? Right now work schedule keeps me from fishing on Fri or Sat nights, that is why I do most of my fishing at SARL, I can fish there on a Tuesday or Wednesday night from 5PM-11PM, just works better with my schedule. I'll let you know when I plan on heading out to Irvine and maybe we can meet up.

12. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Hey dude, whats up man ? Nice to see your getting those cats. Just wait till the seasons change and the big boys start hittin ! Good luck man

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi David ! bro, how have you been? I was out at Irvine this past Saturday and caught a five pound channel! Only fish of the day though. I got sick too much sun. I was fishing on my buddies boat from 6:30am to about 2:00pm. In direct sun. It was in the triple digits David.
    Hey gang see that avatar picture of Musky man that blue catfish was caught at Irvine! I was fortunate to be their that day.
    I can't wait till fall David. I have been learning alot about Irvine from the locals.
    Hi Gary, It now cost 20 dollars to fish Irvine.

Jaime