Irvine Lake 12/27

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gavin310, Dec 27, 2008.

1. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    Hey guys. Out at Irvine Lake on my iPhone. Got here at 8, it's 12:20 right now. Hiked to the west shore. Fishing is steady. Have 3 trout all on powerbait. Once I get my 4th I'm going to toss out some dipped dough bait. Think there's much chance of catching a cat from the shore right now? Do blues go for dough baits?

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice report Gavin:big_smile: Keep it up brother.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good to go Gavin. I could not get out today the honymoon with my boat is over now so I am starting to have the boat issues that everyone who has one talks about from time to time :embarassed: I have to arrange for a service soon but will be back in the mix soon as well.

I caught cats on powerbait at Corona lake. Every now and then you may have an irvine cat hit one. As far as their blues, I would never say never, but your chances are better with cut bait.

4. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    Aw man. Well at least you didn't head all the way out there only to discover boat issues. Good thing you caught it when you did.

5. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    I went out and got myself a Christmas present... a nice warm Columbia winter jacket :big_smile: Got it at Sport Chalet since they're having a big sale right now. It's fleece on the inside and when you get too warm you can unzip it from the outer waterproof layer and wear it just like a light fleece. But when you combine the two it keeps you pretty warm. I actually got it in preparation for some nighttime winter catfishing I'll be doing hopefully soon.