Irvine Lake 10-6-06

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Pontoon, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thought I'd try a quick post to see if I can figure out how to post pics. My fishing bud and I took our weekly trip to our local catfishing lake to see if we could put an end to the "no bite on the full moon" theory. To our suprize we beat the jinx and busted the local myth. Just a couple we got during a pretty cold night. Wasn't our best this season but good enough.

Attached Files:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice pics Pontoon:wink: Sure looked chilly but also looked bundled. Nice to see some decent fish caught on a full moon. Way to go bro!!!

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    SWEAT~~~~~~! NICE LOOKIN CATS, cold is good:big_smile:

4. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks. We've got two more weeks of night fishing left so we'll be making an effort to end it with something a lot better.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck to ya Terry:smile2: Look forward to some pics.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Terry,

Way to go Buddy!
    &
    Those are some nice photos as well. :big_smile:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Nice cats Terry. What spots did you fish? what did you use for bait? Do you fly line your bait?

Jaime

8. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks everyone.

Jaime, we have been fishing in deeper water around mid lake with the freshest makerel we can get. caught the same day if possible. As for me I like to flyline but my buddy swears by the slip sinker. We get the same results so it's a toss up.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Real Nice Channel Catfish Terry! Congrats and Rep. Points to You Sir. J.D.
    :still_dreaming:

10. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    J.D., Many thanks!

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I'll add to that Terry you already know that. I will be out there Friday night and Saturday and will be looking exclusively for the right kind. I have a big objective this weekend so well see what happens. If nothing looks interesting for me this weekend then I will be done and will set gears for Vicente. I will still hit the Vine for trout though.

12. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Brian. I had a feeling you would be at the Vine this weekend. Trollmiester and I have been looking forward to these last two weeks and we have picked an area that we will fish pretty hard. I'm hoping for another PB. We'll probably be trying to figure out the DVL cats and go after the trout once they show up again.
    We'll be sure to give you a shout if we see you and you do the same.
    Good luck Brian, will little Blue be with you? One of us is due for something good. I hope it's either you or Trolly.

13. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Nice fish! Looks like you had a good time. Why do yu only have a couple of weeks of night fishing left? Looking forward to more pictures.

14. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Most of the lakes in Southern Cal are pay lakes and most of them do not allow night fishing at all. Irvine lake extends their hours during the summer months for crappie and catfishing. Now that the water is cooling down enough to stock trout they will stop the night fishing. It's unfortunate because this is prime time for some of the bigger catfish.

15. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Wow! That is very unfortunate. As the catfishing is picking up they take away some good fishing times. But you can still catch them during regular hours. I am not used to pay lakes up here. Most of the stuff available is available year round. You just can't fish for certain types of fish at night. Well good luck to you in your last couple of weeks of night fishing.

16. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks. I'll be posting a report after the weekend.

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    99 percent of the time little B is with me. I was looking at the weekend reports and it said rain may be in the forcast Fri and Sat. I hope that it is not bad and with the wind because if that happens you know the Vine close shop. Well see. I do not take the little one out with me in bad weather much. I'll cross my fingers. More than likely it may be sunny as you know how the weatherman messes reports up. LOL.

18. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    I saw the weather reports too Brian. trolly and I both have some raingear to bring along just in case but if the wind gets bad we'll have to back off.
    trolly was able to get us some mak tonight at the pier so we should be in good shape for bait.
    Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be a good night. Good luck this weekend.

19. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey pontoon (terry) welcome to the best catfishing site you'll ever find, glad to see you make over here, dude when your ready for some nite time fishen after the vine closes just head out to the river for some big flats, just mite make the vine this weekend myself seeing i brought the boat back with me from the river

20. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Dale, thanks. I've been talking to an Uncle of mine that lives near Topoc Marsh. (I think that's the name) I told him that if he ever heard anything about the flathead fishing to let me know and I might just give him a visit.
    The plans are to be at the Vine Fri. and Sat. nights but the job I'm on is getting hot and heavy right now and it may start kicking out some O.T. If it does it will be Sat for sure.
    If you are there I hope to cross paths with you to say hello.