Irvine lake 10-17-08

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by 92yj, Oct 18, 2008.

1. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    i went out to the pier today and loaded up on fresh mack, then i sent the night in Irvine. had a good time, until a crappie boat pulled up to us and scared off the big boys. so we moved and hooked up on some smaller ones for dinner to night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    still some nice cats jeremy!

3. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    yep there are some big ones in there and they are biting. that's if you can get the other people to keep it quiet. look at the web site, nick is my buddy that always gets me on the cats.

http://irvinelake.net/irv/vt.php?t=3

4. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    oh on a side note, i got my neighbor to clean my fish for me in trade for one of them. lol i didn't have to do any work.

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Jeremy, where do you catch your mackeral? I want to go fishing this Saturday @ Irvine and would like to take along fresh Mac.

Jaime

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Hey Jaime, if you can't get out to catch your own, try looking for a fresh fish market in your area. Mackerel are pretty cheap.
    The only one I can direct you to is Dong Loy Fresh Fish, it's just south of the 22 fwy on the NE corner of Brookhurst and Westminster. They usually sell fresh mackerel for around $1/lb, Bonita is a couple $/lb.

7. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    i go to the balboa pier and catch about 5 gals of mack i use a cut up piece of mack as bait and usually cant keep up with them, not only is it cheep but it also is fun.

side note i soak mine i strawberry milk mix just the mix and it works vary well.