Irvine 9/17/05 results

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Sep 18, 2005.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey guys I had a good time out there at the lake. We will have to make this an occasional thing. The day time bite was tough, but the mid day feast took away from that. Awesome food and cooking Riverbud. Thanks to Karodi with his excellent fish fry, that was good. Also thanks to Jaime for the burgers and helping out with the cooking. This was a great gatherin and great food to be exact and I will always remember this.

Now the fishing. Thew fishing was tougher than I thought it would be for a dat time bite but it was. I had several bites throughout the morn and even eve but missed them all. I stayed in one spot the whole time because I had my mind set there and hopes of getting something to place in the derby with. Finally around 10pm I got into some hits and hooked the cats. My biggest was 11.10 pounds and I also had a 6.5 and a 5 pounder. I worked out well in the end for me.

An other buddy Richard had a massive stringer of eaters up to 6 pounds. They had a great time.

Karodi was nailing them at hot spot. They had a great stringer up to 10 plus pounds. As a matter of fact, they had the best bite besides Richard. Really good going.

And then at the end of the nite, Socal and Chuy got on a good bite up to about 5 pounds.

This was definitely a late bite night that started really late but finally paid off for us.

But, the winner and the highlight of the whole trip was Muskeyman. He nailed a 75 pound blue cat and released it unharmed. Nice going Muskeyman. Please post a pic here so all can see it. The night before he nailed a 47 pound blue as well. Muskeymans a great fisherman and is an Irvine veteran as well going way back to the club days we use to have their in the early 90's.

Winners go as follows.

1. Muskeyman -75 pound blue
    2. Bluehunter - 11.10 channel
    3. Karodi - 10 plus pounder

I had a great time fellows and we need to do this again soon. The big boys are showing at Irvine now so I will be there a lot in the next few weeks. Thank you everyone and this is only the beginning of more to come. Here are a few pics. Muskeyman add yours to this as well.

Bluehunter.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Here are some pics. David will have his big pics posted soon.

Attached Files:

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Some more pics of the gathering

Attached Files:

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Musky won $170.
    Bluehunter won $119.
    Karodi won $51.

All respectively. Great job.

5. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    AWESOME TIME FELLAS!!!

Me and the lil bro got 4 total, none even close to the top 3.
    Seriously it was a freakin blast.

Our BOC members showed, but there wasnt many... :crying:

Im thinking about getting some BOC cards made and do a heavy campaign to try and recruit some local peeps to come hit this site up.

Fishing is awesome, fishing with a bunch of great guys is priceless. :cool:

You did an awesome job on making all this happen Brian, thanks man.

PS- Lets get the next one going ASAP. Even 10 peeps is cool.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the update Brian! Sounds like ya'll had a great time. Nice picts too. SoCal....You can down laod a flyer off BOC. I post them every where. Also e mail Sis Catfish and ask her for some card. They will sind you a stack. Takes about 4 days to get them and they are free.

7. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    man, I had a killer time. I think more cat events need to be held this way. You know, maybe just start in the afternoon with the BBQ and then the fishing. The food was killer, awesome grilling and the fried catfish was killer. I had a hard time staying awake out there cause i stuffed myself so bad. Good thing I was awake though, my reel in freespool was getting spooled !!!!! Next event , end of Sept ? Oct ? I am so there dude :D

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Defintely Muskyman. I am looking at the 15th of OCT for something.

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    good to to meet such fine group of catfisherman. Had a blast and some good food, man that catfish was tasty. sure saw some nice stringers of fish also. thanks bluehunter for all the hard work you put in to this and lets do it again. Wished cliffey and myself could have cought more fish.

cliffey you make it home safe and sound? Wish you luck in you future dude and send you wife home in style. and lets see if we can,t make it to the river see if we can't hook up some flatheads be for you go home.

10. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    yea i got home safe, i had a great time meeting yall.

11. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    18th...18th,18th ish or after would be helpful... please :cursing:

I warned u Dale, great food by the way man...

12. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Guys,

Never had such a good time fishing. Met some of the best guys I have ever fished with. SoCal is a good fisherman and his bro is a hoot to fish with. Never a dull moment when fishing with SoCal and his bro I'll tell you that. Never had a hard time staying awake except after I stuffed myself with that awesome cooking from Jaime, Dale, and Karodi. My largest kitty of the night was a 6 plus pounder. Got some nice fillets off of that one.

Blue and I were talking at the end of the night about have the next gathering at SARL. We can go on the 24hr pass and kick it beside the lake with a campfire and everything. That way it'll be a little lighter on the pocket books, too.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll start a thread if we've got enough people interested.

SoCal, I'm working on the same thing, regarding the cards. I'm also working on a logo for the Southern California Brothers. Something original and stylish. I'll post the image as soon as I'm done.

This was definetly an awesome trip. Hats off to Blue on doing such an awesome job on organizing this thing.

Let me know what you guys think on the SARL outing.

Chuy

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Man, I had a awsom time. It was really nice meeting all the of you. My buddy had a great time too. He enjoyed talking to the guys on our pontoon.
    I was surprised how we have well we got along. I got skunked but had a good time shooting the breeze. Glad you guys enjoyed the burgers. Too bad I did not have a chance to try The Alpastor meat and carne asada. I did try the catfish,exellent!
    Brian, your freinds were cool people; I was talking with Roson, real down to earth guy.
    David, congrats on the 77lbs pound blue.
    It felt like we were a bunch of 0ld freinds getting together and having a great time.

Jaime

14. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    We have got to do this again and do it the same way, some BBQ and then some fishing. Defintely the way to go.

15. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    The same way ehh, sure...just this time lets switch.
    I get the 75.5#er :D

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Glad you all had a good time. I agree with Musky about eating first then fishing as it was a very long day. But it was still enjoyable.

Chuy I happen to know some of the guys that run Sarl eventhough I have not been there in a while. They would be more than accomodating. The thing is is that the trout season is around the corner and they will shift full focus to that soon away from the catfish by mid - end of Oct. So if somethings going to happen there is needs to be fast, unless you want to fish for trout.

I am working on another Irvine thing for the 15th. Already have high interest in that. That would be before the end of the cat season there so well see whats up.

17. karodi

karodi Guest

Hello guys !! I had a blast as well. Everyone was so nice and down to earth. Hey blue set the day and i'm there. Congrats to Mr. Musky on the fish. I ate so much i tried to get to the spot and got to sleep but the fish had Mac on their minds and the bite was on for a couple of hours. We farm alot and got a nice stringer both in the morning and at nite. Hey Musky those brownies were like crack man they kept calling me man. I have to hook up with riverbud too on a river trip for some flatties. Maybe next month. i'll hit you with a pm and set up a date. Hey blue if you're down to go let me know. We can piece up on a motel or something. Peace to all BOC. Keith

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Keith I am down for that as well. As soon as the trip is slated, I'll be in, just have to know well in advance. BTW, great fish fry. Everyone loved that.

19. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Count me in for the 10/15/05.

Jaime

20. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Once again, goin to do the cat thang again at the vine. Got some bigger hooks and stronger line, see what i can come across.

Anyhoo- im gonna try n get there bright and early again and will be in the rental
    Strong possibility i might fly solo tommorrow...SO...if anyone wants in on the rental id be more than willing to split it with ya