Iraqi Dinar

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jaybird78, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Has anyone heard of people buying this curency and later cashing it in when it pegs on the foriegn currency exchange market? What you think? input? Please....

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I purchased some in '04 when I was over there. Everyone thought that it would increase in it's value right away so alot of folks were buying it. I dont think it will pay out the way people thought for a very long time. As you already know, Iraq is a very unstable country to say the least. So it's currency's value wont be coming around anytime soon the way other country's have (like Kuwait for example). Not only that but if you do purchase it now and want to sell it, you need to find out what institutions will be willing to buy it from you. Right now I am sitting on approx $200.00 worth of dinar that is'nt really worth anything at all in terms of profit. Maybe years from now, if that country ever pulls it together, I'll make something off of it.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I' ve got 250,000 ID but just for fun. It may never be worth anything and is a huge gamble, but hey, I did not spend much for it and who knows? Maybe one day I can pay cash for a new house.
    Think of it like the lottery.