IRAQ, What our media does not tell you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Jul 9, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    As many of you know, I am currently stationed in Iraq with the 2nd BDE, 101st ABN out of Fort Campbell. We recently had a reporter from the UK assigned to our company and he took a great deal of pictures. I believe these pictures give a far better example of the types of things soldiers are doing over here and how the Iraqi Army is assisting in most of our operations. The link is as follows:
    http://browse.guardian.co.uk/search?search=sean+smith&sitesearch-radio=guardian&N=3372

The photos that depict 101st soldiers in Shulla are from our company, however most of the photos by Sean tell a good story, I hope you enjoy.

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Broyher, my family thanks you for your sevice for us and stay safe.

:006:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Shane,
    Thank You for what you are doing for us and Please Thank All the other Men and Women for their service!!! God Bless you all and stay safe and hurry home!!!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the link and a big thanks to you. Semper-fi

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Shane thank you for your service , and sacrifices you and your family are making.

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There really is no need to Thank me for doing my job, which in my opinion is the best one in America.

I am just trying to promote the many roles that our country is fulfilling over here so that at least some of American gets the right picture and understands the importance of what wea re doing.

Don't let our negative media overshadow all the good that has come of this war.
    God Bless

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i never was a big fan of the media over there. they were sketchy at best. they made a couple documentaries about my platoon/ battallion while i was there, i havent watched any of them, but i have been told by folks who did that they were a giant crock. the camera only shows what it wants to show.

the best thing that i ever saw come out of a reporter over there was a sat. phone call home for one of my marine's in exchange for a half smoked pack of marlboro's.

i wish more folks could see the positive effects/results. its not all cops and robbers. there are good things happening too.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane, thanks for the link! And thanks for being there. You people are doing an excellent job. God Bless.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for your service,Shane . I agree the media needs as much or more of an overhaul as the whitehouse.

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Shane thanks for serving. I was with the 327th back in the 80's at Ft. Campbell. I appreciate all that you all are doing for our country. I thank you!

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the pics. It is nice to see what is going on over there. God Bless you for what you are doing for your country.

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is a lot they dont tell you.

The way I see it, today's media, follows its own agenda, right /left Republican/Democratic point of view, depend on who the reporters works for.

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yes, that agenda is pretty obvious, unfortunealy I have not seen an American reporter since I have been over here, I wonder how they get all of their information??

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Most Task Force Commanders have PAO working overtime.... :embarassed:

15. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I have yet to see one over here also. So their credibility to me is in question. How can your report on something that you cant verify, other than reports coming in from the field? Another thing that really bothers me is that when they make an errors on reporting, why dont they correct it? Taliban, in my opinion are not civilians, even though they do not wear uniforms.

16. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I just wish some terrorist would put on some uniforms. Life would be much easier

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I am sure it would help there and here.

Here is a funny story, this happened a while back. I talked with the Police Mentoring Team after this happened. The PMT's will back up the police on police business. So they go out, pretty big group, with about 7 police vehicle loads. They get ambushed along the way. To make a long story short, after the fighting was done, a ANP was shot, apparently from the story he told, by one of us. Here is the problem, he had changed into his Man Jammies along the way, and was running up a hill. I call that a target.

Even funnier is the guy is laying there bleeding from a chest wound that had come out his arm. His compadres were gathered around him when our medic showed up, and they were argueing about who would get his boots, weapon and ammo. The Medic asked them why they were helping him and they told they Medic, why waste their time he was dead. They airlifted him out and he is doing ok.

18. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    So nice to see pictures that are not covered with "spin"
    Stay safe & god bless you and yours for taking care of me and mine!

19. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Brother keep your head up and on a swivel come back in one piece and know that we appriceate your service and sacrifice to this great nation

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

This wasn't quite what I ment,Its nice to have some good ,because anymore it seems like all the media is capable of showing is doom and gloom.Those were refreshing pics also Shane