IRAQ, MY SOLDIERS DOING BUSINESS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Jul 17, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well just recently I published a link to a UK newspaper because "we don't get any American coverage"! Well as fate would have it, the very next day an AP reporter showed up and I was stuck with him for two days. This is a link to that story. I have to admit there is no "Spin" on this story and the guy was fairly cool. Link as follows: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25707422/

This is primarily my platoon that is featured.

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    It's good that war is such a terrible thing, lest men grow to love it. Paraphrase from the war of northern aggression time. Thank you for your service hilljack. I'll put you and your men in my prayers. Ronnie

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane, thanks for the link. Makes the story more interesting, to know you you had something to do with it.

The great job you people are doing is appreciated.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks to you and all our armed service members!!v Semper-fi

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The service is my pleasure. I like to give people a first hand point of view what's happening over here. What we are doing makes a difference and the soldiers that I am in charge of are doing a great job. I am honored to serve with them.

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Shane, I am so proud of you and your men. We have a Christmas tree at our American Legion Post here is West Point with family, friends and loved one names on it, to remain until they come home. I would be proud to put your name on our tree. Just know a little River town in KY is thinking of you and your men.

Peace Be With You

Linda

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I for one, have some pretty fond memories of that little river town, as it is full of the best fishing I have ever had! Thank you for your words of encouragement and I would love to have my name on your tree

8. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Shane, thanks again for all the hard work that y'all do. Keep it up and come home safe.

9. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    You have my thanks also.When you get to WV one day drop me a message I gotta take you fishin.You guys are fighting in a completely different world over there.

I have a bro-inlaw just fresh outa the corp and 2 tours.First tour was Fallejuh and he is still fighting the demons from that second tour he got hit by 3 ied's last one giving him a lifelong shoulder injury.

So once again Thanks a million.

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Thank you for what you do sir!

11. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    From the bottom of my heart,, thank you to you and your troops for your service to our great nation!!!!!

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    The service to your country and your troopers is an ideal hallmark for any Officer or NCO. I am thankful to know that the long line of leadership is entrusted to people like you. The work your doing is a worth your full effort, Thanks man!

May GOD keep and bless you always!