ipl dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by indycatman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i going and catching bait and heading to ipl dam later tonight if anyone is heading down let me

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Jimmy, good luck tonight down there at the dam! Hope you land a biggun', I think I am heading up to Morse, I have to keep trying to land one of them Blue Cats everybody keeps talking about, I need one of those on my list of species caught...

3. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    im thinking about headind down there also either there or under the southport road bridge its a pretty good spot you can drive a truck down to the bank almost know walking at all

4. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    You can drive a truck down there?, Lol I have drove by there hundreds of times and looked, but never considered driving anything down there unless it was 4x4 and had big tires, and has some serious B@!!$ to get itself out. Too many trees, weeds, bushes, and other things to get stuck in!

5. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how long do you think you will be down there I have to work untill 3 a.m. but after that I'm game

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    tony i sent you a pm

7. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    same to you jim catch some ole blues at morse

8. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Jim i'll see how things play out the rest of the day, but i may be able to talk the wife into coming out tonight. Have you ever fished down here? If so where do you think you'll set up so i know where to look for ya.

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Jimmy, Danny, did ya'll hit the IPL dam? If so, how did you do?

We got skunked at Morse, cause bait dont count! Lol

They was pulling in bullheads, bluegills, rockbass, pumpkinseeds, and some other hybrid bait fish, oh yea, they was catching crawdads on night crawlers fishing up by the rocks, I would say they had a half dozen or more of those...

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jim me and otis aka coltfan317 fish just south of dam from 8 til 4 and we both got shunked have a few decent hit but nothing

11. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you guys were on the north side of the creek on that sand var right if so that is mainly a big riffle:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2: yeah i know :angry::angry: but the dam was packed

13. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I am going to buy a pontoon boat for big lake/reservoir fishing for next season. I figure with it being a big "deck" I can get about 4- 5 of us fishing from it on each corner. I am about done with these fished out bank spots! Between people taking everything, and as Bill talks about the commercial fishers taking so many fish, I am fed up!

14. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    yea the current was crazy there had 4 ouce sinkers and it was picking them up like it was nothing had a good time though we need to go out again soon i gotta feeling were gonna get one we need to check out southport rd. and how to you get across that sand bad i seen some people beside us down a ways but i dont kno how they got there?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  15. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    No worries Otis, I fished there a while back and the biggest sinker I had was a 2 ounce no roll. I did get right up by the dam itself and it didnt move too much after it settled, but anywhere else it moved drastically unless I walked down stream or fished in just the little pool to the side.

Maybe meet ya sometime down that way, I have unfinished business at that Dam!

Good luck...

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here's a shirt for you IPL dam fisherman....:big_smile: lol

Attached Files:

17. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: good one bill

18. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    if it didn't have a pink collar i'd ware it lol

19. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    ah there isn't anything wrong with men wearing pink! I think you all should wear it and meet at the IPL Dam.

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ummmm dont know if I would go that far.... :smile2: