IPL Dam Produced Again!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Jul 20, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went fishing today with Pritty Kitty and her Nephew and his friend and RiverBuggy4x4. Got some Bluegill from my secret spot and headed toward the IPL Dam. Got there and Tony had the dam saved for us and tried to catch some skippies but it wasnt meant to be. In sted I caught a nice walleye.. well then the bit just stopped from there on.... Well tony ended up leaving. I stayed a little longer and about 11pm I was ready to hang it up and go home.. they didnt want to leave just yet so I set down and started catching drum with night crawlers for fun to pass time.. next thing I know my pole holders bending and my rod tip is bent to the waters edge.. I run so fast I could have swore I was running on water... Set the hook and was hoping for a monster but it was just this " Little Guy " being tough.. :wink:

Attached Files:

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Shane, nice fish!!!

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
  4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrat on the flatty shane

5. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    hes alot bigger then the one from the other day i got a better pole now so ill be down there again pretty soon if i see ya ill give you a holler hopefully you can help me catch one

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice job. Thanx for sharein. :wink:

7. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    He was 34# Jim.. He was a long fish!!!

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Very Nice, when you planning on fishing it again?

I am thinking tomorrow night or thursday night myself, I want to catch something like that!

9. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I bet i know :wink: dont i shane:confused2:

10. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Nice fish Shane! Could this mean that the big flatties might be coming back to life!

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I might be heading down there again this week... That one had the flattest stomach I have ever seen on a flattie.. they have to be starving... so Im hopeing the bite picks up.....

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i thinking of hitting friday night looks like the bite is strating back again

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sweet! Good one Shane! I almost didn't see this post.
    Man, your wearin' that IPL dam out ain't ya? lol. Good job.

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    seems to be hot for me.. Im not catching quanity but alot of quality

15. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    That is a nice fish. Congrats.

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Well i went out again tuesday night with a fellow BOC'er ( Harleycat ) and he caught his first ever Skipjack!!:smile2: It was a whooper!! Well it started of crappy cause there were two Meximelts cast netting directly on the dam wall and was catching smallmouths like crazy.. They had one that had to have weighed between 6-8 pounds.. I called DNR and Guess what? No DNR Officers on duty!!!! It must come with the territory of having the name Shane.. Anyways they send a Sheriffs officer out there and he tells everyone to get off the Dam.. He said it was IPL's wishes.. I said BULLSH%T and he said Yeah.. But not to got out into the Boil ( Turbulant Water ). Well The Mexicant's left and we comenced fishing.. I caught a Sauger and Matt ( Friends son ) Caught a walleye. Then POW!! Diane hooks a monster... It was gonna be a NEW PB for her!! Had to be.. And it was.. Bout 10 pound Snappin Turtle.. LOL. Well from the there the bite got slow till about 10:30-11pm. Things starting hitting everywhere but not aggresive enought to set the hook.. Then Malcom Caght the first cat of the night... Well 12:30 came and Malcom just could hang anymore so he packed up and headed home.. He wasnt gone 5 Mins when I hooked an 8 pound channel and after that Matt caught 3 channels Back to back. ( 3, 5, 4 pounds ) It seemed to be a turtles night so afte about another 30 mins we packed up soak n wet from being in the rain and headed for home... all in all it was a good time..

Attached Files:

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Heres a few of Matts fish..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Heres my little kitty

Attached Files:

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    And of course Diane's PB Turtle!!:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

20. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: pb turtle is say who in the hell caught he looked pissed off and so did that birdie :smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009