ipl dam on 67

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rdwolf03, Jul 27, 2009.

1. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I went there sat. to catch some skip jack and shad. what a trash pit i dont mean to bash anyone,but i have seen landfils cleaner any body that fishes there should be ashamed. i was there 2 hours no skip jack 2 shad .the herrin i caught was not skip jack not sure what type they are but not skip jack.Removed 2 five gallon bucket of trash.i know everyone going to blame someone eles but it's eveyone job to take what they bring that includes trash.good public fish spots with shore fishing is becoming fewer and fewer we as sportsman need take care of the places we have.sorry if i upset anyone.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    run them damn beaners outta there, and the trashy problem will be solved.:wink:

3. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Well Bill you pretty much sumed it up. Everytime i go down there i always take back more than i brought. Last night though really upset me. I took my uncle down there because he just got back from Alabama. We couldn't fish the because of all the mexicans all over it. We ended up fishing off the sand bar way out in the current.after about an hour and a half nothing. Then Tony(Riverbuggy4x4) showed up pushed his way on the dam. My uncle and i moved up behind the dam and started fishing the upper part of the river. Then as the mexicans were loading up to leave one of them hooked something. He fought it for a good ten min and there it was a 30# flathead the size of Shanes(Whiteriverbigcats). What really upset me was Tony helpped them out and even asked if they were going to it back. They said yes. Then out came the stringer and off they went with another big youll never catch from that spot agian. Sorry if it was long, I was rantting.

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    next any us are down there lets say INS is coming:smile2::smile2: let us see how many run off :angry: that sucks and yes we have do are part and keeping the public water spots cleaned cause they are not going to it cleaned :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The best part is... That probaby WAS the flattie Shane released AND probably nary a one of 'em had a lic. Take our fish, leave us their garbage.

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I promise ya'll this, if I am there and see them taking a "trophy" cat from the water and not putting it back, I will make sure every one of them is in the water before I leave!, I will push or throw each and every one of them in the water!

I am done being nice, I too am sick of them trashing fishing spots. I witnessed them to throwing trash on the ground and leaving it. And I personally am sick of seeing the trash laying around!

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jim I believe you.... your a big enough guy to be able to do it!

8. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    dont let them midgets put it on you boys:smile2:

9. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Put this number in your cell phone 1-800-TIP-IDNR . When you see those people trashing your fishing spots,taking fish illegally, throwing trash in the water. Call and report it.

Here is a link to the TIP program,,,
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/2745.htm

When I talk to other fishermen at my bank spots I ask them to make sure they pick ALL the trash up before they leave.

10. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I will not disagree about the beaner there was 4 there sat. very nice guys they left before me and took there trash.i believe this about all races i seen alot of budweiser beer cans and skool cans .everyone has a right to take any legally caught fish out of that water if u have fishing licence no matter how u are .Just a sad sight .oakdale dam is traring to get that way to.

11. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    yea every time i have been there theyve been really nice peole. They always offer me their extra bait and ive never seen them leave trash. I have seen some white guys out there that left a few trash items so i dont think its only mexicans doing this but if they did take a big cat that is kinda messed up:sad2: do they not no they are eating from the white river in the first place

12. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Fishing a lot in Indy, I can tell you from experience its not a race specific issue of leaving garbage everywhere along the rivers...I've seen people of all walks of life doing it. It's just inconsiderate people in general that ruin it for the rest of us. (In all honesty I see more white teenagers leaving aerosal cans, mcdonalds bags, and beer cans down by the river than anybody else). As for them taking the big catfish...it saddens me they didn't have the respect for an old trophy fish like that enough to return it to the water. But they did catch it legally, and I always say if your going to kill a fish/animal you might as well make use of it and eat it (even if it is from the White River south of Indy.) The only way for more people to start appreciating our waterways is for more people to become educated on our wildlife and to start getting involved...something which no politicians seem to take any sort of pride in instilling in our community.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's just the problem... I doubt they're here legally, let alone catching fish legally. But legal or not, I KNOW they're heaping garbage there... seen 'em doing it.... I had run ins with them at a launch before... ten bucks say it's the same pack of WBs. I don't want their bait... I want them OUT of my county and OUT of my country.

14. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    keep dreaming.its funny the indians use to say the same thing about us, i hate to say it but they have every right to be here that we do. Its not like there saying lets go to america and piss every one off they are trying to better their lives just like you in me whats wrong with a man doin that. Instead of crying about it here call dnr or the cops if it upsets every one that bad im sure a high ass fine will teach their ass

15. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    r u sure it wasn't a 30lb. beaner u saw caught? They go down there 2 take baths. they should call that dam little mexico.

16. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    a fine aint gonna teach them nothin, cause you forget they dont pay taxs for the first seven years, if they are legal, and if they arent then they dont pay taxs at all, and that just means more money in there pockets and they have ten people that live in one house so they have money to spare. plus they probably did not buy a liscence in the first place. and just for info im not racist i hate everyone the same.

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No... they don't have "every right to be here" they THINK they do. My take is they could care less to piss everyone off, and this is a real bad county for Mexicans to screw around in - It ain't Indianapolis....
    Cops are waiting for them to piss off the wrong group of red necks.
    The Indians lost along time ago.

18. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: i wonder what would happen if say the INS is coming

19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hate going to public places to fish. People don't respect it.:angry::angry::angry: They leave their trash and fish all over the place. They don't understand that it is a privilege to fish there. One of these days the owners are going to get sick of seeing the trash and paying people to clean it up and just say no more. Andrew

20. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    this post is the reason i quit fishing in indy and the white I can't stand it. It is shallow dirty and the dnr does nothing to help the situation.Save your money and go to the ohio river. even if you get skunked it always makes you want to go back. INDy waters Suc!!!!