Iowans speak up

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Jan 7, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OK I posted under southeast Iowa gathering and I dont want to post twice ,but I need to reach everyone I can and I just hope the mods will work with me a little here.
    If someone else is trying to put somethig togather pm me so we can discuss it.I have talked to a couple fellow BOC members and they sort of give me the push to make some calls and see if it would be possible to put a gathering togather in Keokuk at the Riverfront.The facilitys are there If the city will go for it.I have talked to the tourism beauro and got nothing but positive feedback...the next call will be to the city offices to see about reserving the whole camping area for a weekend/rates and go from there.
    I need anyone in the BOC to speak up on here and put there two cents down because I intend to use what you all have to say for ammo in the offices of our fine gov. and lets face it if there is not enough intrest I am not gonna be able to do this ...a gathering without people is not a gathering
    I am in the initial stages and any help or input would be verymuch appreciated.EVERYTHING IS UP IN THE AIR AT THIS PIONT"EVERYTHING" but I am a very resourseful man and I think It can be done with BOC banning togather and that is what its all about.....LETS SHOW THIS SITES STRENGTH ONE MORE TIME AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

2. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Go for it Kenny, Iwould love to meet all the people from Iowa, and from any other state that can make it. I will be watching for more info on this gathering.. Ruined my vacation when the cancled the National.
    Sharon

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sharon I will P/m you on progress and changes tommorow I will be contacting the parks director and trying to set up a appiontment for next monday so I can get some post up here to show them we are serious.I have some other ideas and IF I can pull this off we will have one big bad mojo on the MIGHTY MISSIPPI. Sharon you dont be leavin George at home either If we pull this off I gotsta school him on how to not tic thy missus off:big_smile_2:
    Come on EVERYONE help me out lets do this!

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't live in Iowa,but Missouri. I'd love to come up and meet my Iowa Brothers and Sisters. Keep me posted about the plans and the dates. Since thee National got canned this sounds like a plan.~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mrs.Powell if I can put this togather anyone in the BOC are welcome bring yer crew and lets have fun:big_smile: