Iowa Winter Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by BoCaHoLiC, Feb 24, 2006.

1. BoCaHoLiC

BoCaHoLiC New Member

State:
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Has anyone done any fishing lately with any luck yet? I was half tempted to give 'er a try today with the weather being nice. -Nice to just get out for a bit. Good luck.

2. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hello guys,
    Boy em I getting the urge today to go get a line wet. There has been alot of ice floating down the Missourri River here lately. Think i will run down and scope some spots out when it clears. Doubt if it would be elbow to elbow fishing today. Lets keep up the Iowa catfishing reports. Looks like there are a bunch of us around this site.
    Danny J

3. BoCaHoLiC

BoCaHoLiC New Member

State:
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Went to a local lake here in Linn county to try for some eaters. I had a few light bites but no takers on shad guts and liver. I'll try again maybe later in the week.

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    went to the mississippi sat the waters a little bit cold yet 41.5* at surface no fish were caught by me or the wife we were bottom fishing not looking for walleyes. but the day was great the sun was shining the burds were cherping and the tunes were jammin..

5. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    the catfish are hitting at coralville resevoir on rotten shad guts, had friend go out yesterday and caught 20. i got the last week off in march and 20 pints of shad guts hope to tear up. ice out fishing is great.

clayton