Iowa weather

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by elklover1964, Feb 12, 2008.

1. elklover1964

elklover1964 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I cannot believe this weather....seems colder and I know there has ben a lot more snow than the past few years.:angry:
    When is it ever going to warm up? I had about 10 inches a couple weeks ago, a foot last week, at least 3 inches last night into thismorning, and more on the way for Thursday....My snow shovel is wearing out!!!!

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Keep your chin up, it's about done. Supposed to be 40 down here in Keokuk on thursday. What part of Iowa are you from? Later Andy

3. elklover1964

elklover1964 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks 1Sporticus, I am trying to hang in there. I am close to Grinnell. Bad time of year and it is nice to vent at times. :big_smile:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You Iowa guys. If they ain't one of ya on here complaining there is another one of ya on here complaining.

Paul, I officially ain't from Iowa anymore after our 4 inches here last nite. I have complained all winter. These guys think in am a pansy. Do you realize Paul that we usually get a lot of snow all the way through the end of February and then we are almost always guaranteed a blizzard in March. I grew up in this state, then left it for 20 years. I have been back for 24 years.

This is the worst one I have been through other than a couple like this when I was a kid. Every flood gate I got will be in Missouri come April. My neighbors new calves will be four feet sticking up in his driveway waiting for the rendering truck. That large deer herd will have been reduced a little. And I am a Boheme. I am supposed to be dumb enough to take this.

When do you want to move out Paul? Hope it don't take you long to pack because I won't wait for ya long when I go by. JD Harrison (Baitchunker) has just described Alabama to me in another thread. He did a good job with that. White sand beaches sound really good.

John.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Remember the winter of '79, it was mighty cold then, Mn set a record for snowfall and cold temps. Seemed it was below zero for 2 months straight there was a blizzard every weekend, all thru feb and half of march. cold wet spring too. its global warming.

6. LadyTurkeyHunter

LadyTurkeyHunter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I remember the winter of 78 here in Iowa... and the winters prior to them..it turned cold by Halloween either snow or freezing rain and stayed that way through Feb. I remember New Years eve of 79 the snow came down so fast and so hard it was covering the tracks of the car a head of us on our way to church. We have had such mild winters here for the past 15 years that we have gotten spoiled. With the return of the "good Ole days" (sarcasm there) we don't know how to handle it. And cabin fever tends to come a bit earlier than it did back then. I know, I am suffering with it big time. I would love to move out away from the climate changes but.......my roots are here and I suppose this is where I am destine to be. I have lived in the North, and the South....and always end up back in good old Iowa.

7. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Been waitin for an Iowa thread. This may cheer you up a little.

HOW ABOUT THEM HAWKEYE WRESTLERS? lol

They are having a great year, from what I can gather watching Big Ten TV.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey John no worries, Kenny is headed for Cabelas to get a new snagging pole, and he'll catch you before you hit the Dam. Later Andy

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What's this you say,Kenny's headed to Cabela's to get a new pole to throw in the river?:crazy: He better buy him some of those styrofoam life preservers to put on his poles.:wink:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thanks fer tellin Glen Andy...Heck I aint gonna fish BEETLE OUT BUT i MIGHT THROW HIM A BEER AS HE GOES BY:smile2: If I get him out he will just snivel and whine until I get him dried off and back to Nancy ...nope toss him a beer and wish him well on the way by let Upchucker pick him up way south:smile2:

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glen they dont make Kenny floating poles but the next time I go anywhere on thy river with Andy I will have that baby tied to me.I tossed a 250 plus rig in the drink like nothin and its gonna cost me every bit of that to replace.Wont do that again that hurts real bad let me tell you.
    We are gonna go after taxes come back and see if we cant get the two girls a good all around starter .....

12. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Ya it's 5 out right now brrrrrr. Dad was in the service and we lived coast to coast, and I for one sure do like our four seasons. Got that cabin fever going real good now and it could use a good cleaning, Beetle past the kleenex's please :too_sad:.

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    group hug we all need it !