IOWA PHEASANT

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by FLATHEAD STEVE, Oct 1, 2009.

1. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Who's going? Where are you going? And reports.......
    Lets have a fun and safe year!! I am excited and created this thread to hear about your times out GOOD OR BAD.......... pictures are a plus!
    Report here until the end of the season.

2. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'll be going for sure! I have some private land a buddy and I hunt, plus the in-laws around Swisher/Ely. Hope to see more than I did last year!

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    From what I have seen so far we are gonna have a better year for sure!

I hunt around the Greenfeild/Stuart area.. I will be hunting a couple different propertys and my favorite ROAD HUNTING the edge of CRP feilds/cornfeilds, and pine tree ditches.. This method is faster, WARMER, And I find it to be more productive since my bird dog has downsyndrom! :smile2::smile2:

4. IAcrankbait

IAcrankbait New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I enjoy chasing da birds as well. A group of us started going together in high school after we turned 16. I haven't missed an opener in 15 years and don't plan to. We hunt around the Humboldt area where we grew up and usually find a few. Our group is up around 8-10 guys now and we have a great time and a big dinner that my folks have been puting on for almost all 15 years.
    Last year was tough for us. A wet Fall left alot of corn in the ground and we only got 6. Rain like we are having today makes me wonder if we'll have more of the same this year. Doesn't matter if we have to bring the waders, we'll be out throwing lead!!

Good luck guys!!

5. bauer

bauer Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Spencer
    Amen dude haha

6. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Is everyone ramped up for opening day Sat.? :big_smile:

7. IAcrankbait

IAcrankbait New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I plan to go but it will be a muddy mess in my area!!
    Dad stuck the combine twice this week so I'm sure the boots will be nice and heavy:eek:oooh:

8. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    man I gotta work this weekend again so doesn't look like I'ma get to go, I'll be after a doe in the evening times though!!!

9. IAcrankbait

IAcrankbait New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We ended up with 5 Saturday morning. First spot held all of them so I assume we woke them up before they got into the corn. Only saw a few hens after that and then quit at noon. All spots were still surrounded by corn:sad2:

10. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    :003::009:well this weekend it's on!!! pheasant in the morning and deer in the evening! All WEEKEND!!!!!!!

11. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I didn't make it last weekend either:embarassed:, but plan on going for at least a little while this weekend. The people I talked to that did go didn't seem to have much luck though. One group only saw 1 hen all day, and another group didn't see a single one. Going to be a tough year, but I'll give it my best anyway:wink:

12. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I'm gonna try to do this again.

[​IMG]

13. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    That look's like fun Josh....

14. lookin_4_moby