Iowa - Ohio St.

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by IA Flatcatter, Nov 14, 2009.

1. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    That was a good game! In true chicago cubs fan fashion... wait till next year...... Go Hawks!

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    was a great game......Iowa's Fr. QB has great composure until that last overtime drive there. Being a Michigan fan I think it's a good thing OSU won in such dramatic fashion......being on such a high hopefully they'll come down during the week. Have any of you buckeyes seen the throwback jersey's you're gonna be sportin next week? they're terrible looking, hopefully Jim Tressel will have a few Cooper moments and Big Blue will salvage their season to earn a berth to Detroit's own Pizza Pizza Bowl! (former known as the Motor City Bowl) ........Go Blue! beat the suckeyes.......!!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Come on now, I know you Mighican'ts are getting used to it!!!

O-H-I-O

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    we haven't beaten OSU since 2003......we owned the 90's though......even when we had inferior teams. Thank god this decade is almost over......the momentum in the rivalry needs to swing back our way. Tressel will remain coach as long as he beats Michigan. When I was recently in Ohio I heard alot of Buckeye's complaining about Tressel, why?? yeah he's conservative, but he's a good coach and a stand up guy. I sure am prayin that Rodriguez puts one on him next saturday though........Go Blue!!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think you might have something there. The players are all going to be thinking of the Rose Bowl and underestimate Michigan. That quaterback will be the desicive player. When the Michigan kid is hot, they are hard to beat. I am hoping that OSU is able to play better on offense than they did today

6. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Hawkeyes suck they really really suck :smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    well if the hawkeyes suck then the buckeyes must too because two teams couldn't have played much more even...I won't even mention where the game was played and those dropped passes in the end zone... the game should have been over in regulation. Maybe you were watching a different game?

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im a hardcore Buckeyes fan, let me tell ya... The Buckeyes aren't very good!!! Their defense is the only highlight to them, If they weren't decent OSU would be horrid! They have no offense whatsoever!!!! I'm actually disappointed in them this year, and think Pryor doesn't have much between the ears also! rollo

9. greg

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I did not watch the game. I would not waste my time as there were better things to do.I have hated the hawkeyes since I was a little kid, always will and as I get older I will hate them even more. I am not a Ohio State fan either I just hate the hawkeyes more than Ohio State.:angry:

10. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    If we all liked the same thing this ol world would be pretty boring :wink:

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Greg,
    What is your strong dislike for the Iowa Hawkeyes? Does it have something to do with you being from GA? Just curious as to why you have such a hatred for the Hawkeyes.
    Glenn

12. greg

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Well first off I was born and raised in Iowa and still live in Iowa during the school year, I live in Ga from Mid may thru the end of July.
    My hatred of the Hawkeyes is probably due to the reasons:
    1. 99% of Hawkeye fans believe that just because they are the Hawkeyes that they deserve to be in the National Championship game no matter the record
    2. the last 2 head coaches of the Hawks were and are cry babies.
    3. The current and past players beleive they are not subject to the rules of Law.

Hope this answers your questions :)

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm glad you took the time to answer my questions. I guess I still don't understand why you hate the Hawkeyes. The reasons you have just listed make me believe there is something deeper than the 3 reasons that you have listed for you to hate the Hawkeyes so bad.
    1.I have been a Hawkeye fan for 60 yrs. and I thought that was the goal every year to try and get into the National Championship game. I'm also smart enough to know that you have to have a better record than anyone else to get to the National Championship game,so I guess I'm in the 1% of Hawkeye fans that know you have to have an outstanding team to play for the National Championship. I just hope I live long enough to see the Hawkeyes play for the National Championship.
    2.This one really has me puzzled because neither Hayden Fry or Kirk Ferentz are cry babies. I honestly don't know where you got that notion from. Can you give me some examples of what you are talking about.
    3.I think that as far as I know if a player has done something wrong and have gotten into trouble with the law they have paid the price for their mistake. If you think The University of Iowa has some thugs for athletes than you must not follow the national scene in college athletics. If anything Hayden and Kirk both have probably been too aware of recruiting the thugs that were good players and therefore didn't even try to recruit them. They both have had a reputation for running good clean programs,thus no National Championships.
    Thank You,for your time.