Iowa (Idiots Out Running Around) That's Me!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, May 3, 2007.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well the old Cat Fever hit Me REAL Hard yesterday and I cut out of work at 9:00 am to go Fish at Cold Springs Lake up by lewis Ia. about 55 miles from Co.Bluffs,Ia. I have fished Cold Springs in years past and cought some nice eater size channel cat.Anyway I get all My Gear togather and slip down to lake Mannawa and catch 6 nice bluegill for cutbait and off go.Get to the lake around Noon and get all set up two rods in the water one with cut bait one with Danny Kings. Waiting,Waiting, nothing going on I am the only one fishing it looks like.So I pull in and check My Bait Looks Good? So I change Bait, Worms on one Shrimp on the other, I'm Ready now Come on Catfish!! Waiting,Waiting,Nothing going on.Can't quite figure it out? Have I lost My Touch?So In I reel and check My bait, Looks Good,I Know there Hungry for something else Right(Must Be) So I Rebait this time the Old Hot Dog Trick and Premo Original, Yep I got it figured out now!!! COME ON Catfish,Come to Daddy, Here Kitty,Kitty,Kitty. Nothing!! well after 4 hours and I have thrown everything at them but the tackle box this Old Man walks up and says NOT Catching anything are You? I Thought You Old Goat How would You Know You Just Got Here. So I Says Nope Sorta Slow, He Gets this BIG Grin on his face and says YEP They Poisoned the Lake off last fall :eek:oooh: To many yellow bass and stunted Crappie,Just put water back in Last Week!!!! Just Call Me Stupid Folks. So Here is the Fishing Report For Cold Spings Lake.SLOW, bite should pick up in About 5 Years when they Put some fish back in and they Grow some.J.D.
    :beat_plaster: :beat_plaster: :cry: :big_smile_2:

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey J.D.-I'm from Iowa too. Hope what you have in that part of the state is not contagious. I'll have to stay inside if the wind is out of the northwest. That next beef you butcher-just take the "catfish" along home with you-won't even need to bait up.

3. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    They must of done a really good kill on your lake, they killed our 380 acre lake about 5 years ago and we was able to still catch cats just days after it. Yes it killed a bunch of the cats but that stuff they use can only go down 6 feet, we was fishing this lake couple days before they killed it and it still had 12ft of water.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story! Thanks for sharing and one bit of advice...Go somewhere else and go fishing!!! :lol:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use to live in southern Iowa... does that make me an "ex-idiot"...? :embarassed:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer -- it sings because it has a song.

6. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey J. D. they should move this one to the members jokes !!!

Just pullin your leg, but that is a funny story. I have a few to pass along some day.
    Better luck next time.
    "Flint"

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Great story JD.

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    nice story brother

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Now that's funny J.D.!:lol: :big_smile:

10. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    "Idiots out running around." Hey wouldn't that spell Iora instead of Iowa?

11. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Wow! now that is one heck of a fishin story.:big_smile: Whoda known?
    Sorry about your luck buddy.:haha:

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Oh, by the way. If we ever get the chance to go fishing together, I pick the spot.:lol:

13. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    This is a sad story JD. When you get to our age you hate to spend the day fishing in a lake that has no fish, life is too short. I think the real idiots here was the people who killed the lake out and did not post notices at entrances and boat ramps notifieing people of what took place. It's hard enough to catch fish in Iowa without that stuff happening.
    Most of the time when I fish Lake McBride I feel like all the fish must have been killed off before I got there. primitive

14. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    GOOD THING i DIDN'T GO FISHIN' WITH YOU THAT DAY! haha then we would have had do Iowa idiots LOL

This is what the BOC is great for. I now know not to fish that lake!!!

Thanks JD

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Cold Springs Lake was poisoned!? No wonder I wasn't catching any the last time I went out there!..................... Just pullin your leg - very funny story. Telling people stories like that is gonna make us Iowans look bad! Thanks brother:sad2:. You might get sympathy reps on this one...

16. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Isn't the saying Idiots Out Wandering Around.....IOWA

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JD that was a great story. I had to laugh. I know it was not funny for you. Add a new line to your equipment check list. "Call ahead and and check out the lake" I wish you better luck next time. I still loved the story.:lol: :smile2:

18. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I might die if they did that to my favorite fishing spot. :crazy: