Iowa Hunters

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by thegavel, Oct 3, 2007.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I figure this is going to be the best place to put this thread. To save many of you time, the point of this thread is to locate a hunting partner that is willing to teach. I am new to hunting, but have done very well with pheasants the past 2 years.

I am looking for someone who is willing to take the extra time and maybe explain a little bit to me as well as hunt with me. I don't usually recruit hunting partners off of the internet (We have all heard the horrid online dating stories, just imagine the online hunting ones LOL) but none the less, I thought there is no better place to start then here.

Even if you know of some public lands in or around Des Moines I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. I have never hunted anything other then pheasant and crow, but would love to learn the ins and outs of it all!

Thanks ladies and gents,
    Tight lines and Happy trails,
    Chris

2. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Do you muzzy hunt, bow hunt, or shotgun hunt?

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I guess I could have been a little more specific haha. As of right now I only shotgun hunt as that is all I have. I have been looking at bows, but they are a little out of my price range and I don't know the first thing about them.

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I see I got to drag information out of you!!! Which season?