Iowa, how many channel catfish have you caught this year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Iowa_Josh, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Iowa!

So far this year I have done pretty well for myself in this department. Compared to past years, I did much better.

I think i've easily caught 60+ keeper sized fish. Avg about 3#. How did the rest of you do?

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Haventgotten out alot yet this year , have caught several eaters though. 1 about 8lbs .
    Brian

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    i don't even wanna talk about how my fishing is going.. kinda means not good at all

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    lets see if ya look under most of my post in the Iowa section and count the pics well thats what we ahve caught lol

5. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Josh,
    I have to say I have caught ALOT more than I have the last few yrs, because I am going Alot more often. I would guess around 20-30, all
    2#-4#. no bigguns, YET:big_smile: . But my day is comeing, lol, ...... I hope!!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Josh I guess its around 20 or so nothing to large 9#pounds was the best. Went out the last two weds. on my day off got blown off the lake once ond last wed zippo. I think there on the spoon. off todar thinking about going carping just to say Iv cought something lately. J.D.Straka:cool2:

7. PRo ANGLEr

PRo ANGLEr New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I would have to say its turning out to be a good season. I would have to say i caught about 100 keepers all 5 to 10 pounds and a couple 20# and 2 30# so its turning out good

8. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Turhan,
    Welcome to the BOC, from a fellow Iowan. Glad your here. Keep us posted on how your doing. Sounds like your summer is off to a great start!!:big_smile:

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I gotta be pushing a hundred for the year, so far! That "wicked sticky" is deadly!

10. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    my number game is good, but that dont say a lot for the weight... i fish with the same buddy all the time... last year we totaled just over 800, this year not quite on track. he has the numbers exactly, but real close to 200 between the 2 of us.... although we really dont fish for big fish as of yet... a lot of bobber fish from the spawn.

11. mad catter

mad catter Member

State:
    Iowa
    32 so far, hope to do better later in the year.

12. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Golly, I never thought of keeping track for a whole season, but I reckon I'm over 100 fish from my boat.

13. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    ya know, last year me and a buddy got caught up trying to see how many catfish we could catch in a season.... after this weekend, i am going to get beyond that. a guy can go out and catch a lot of fish anytime he wants with stinkbait.. check it out, i think i am tearing burwell up on numbers this year so far... but of course i know that he has me probably tripled in weight (which is a whole lot better than a bunch of 1-3# fish)...

i fished a tourny this weekend and did ok. got 4th place out of 31 boats with 17 fish for 21#. but indeed, we got our arses handed to us by the "real" catfisherman (probably using cut bait). the top 2 boats combined for almost 120# of fish... fishing a couple places that i have sunken stink bait in over the last couple years.... Therefore, kind of like a revelation. I have seen the light. The stinkbait is at the bottom of the river (not really) and i am on a search for fresh shad. Onwards fellow catters.

14. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I easily caught over twenty cats from late april to june 8th around the whole des moines area. More than 5 were about 10#s. I left june 8th back to texas so...yeah no more iowa cattin til august 15th.

15. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    As a rule, if I can't get fresh bait, I don't go fishing.

16. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    That is why you need a bait tank in the basement.

ps august 15 is a good time to come back and fish for some reason.