Iowa Having A Buckeye Season!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by catfishrollo, Oct 25, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Iowa is reminding me of Ohio State's National Championship Season. Luck keeps falling their way! rollo

2. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    What's that saying... I'd rather be lucky than good... doesn't hurt to be some of both :wink: And I am a believer in making your own luck. Either way it is fun to win, just enjoying it while it lasts.
    GO HAWKEYES

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I will give credit where credit is due! The Hawkeyes are still undefeated after a close call this past weekend. They came into Happy Valley a few weeks back in front of a crazed whiteout crowd and ruined Penn States season! :sad2: It will be interesting to see how they fare the rest of the way!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Iowa looked like they were in trouble today vs Indiana but managed to get it together and win it easily at the end!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love my Buckeyes, but I can see Iowa beating us, I have no confidence in Pryor, at all.

6. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    There are still a bunch of experts out there who don't want to give Iowa any credit at all... Lucky they say, well I don't think any of the teams Iowa has played handed them the keys to the win! You have got to execute the plays to get the results. And the reason they keep score is to see who gets the W, how you look getting there doesn't matter, in football anyway, :wink: I do understsand tho that IA will have to beat the Buckeyes at their place to get the respect they deserve, Most of the experts can't wait to say, I told you so..., hopefully they won't get that chance. GO HAWKEYES !

7. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    All I can say is that TCU and Boise State are still undefeated and they have a better chance of being National champs before the Hawks.:angry:

8. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Iowa played the worst 3 quarters in all of football. Threw 4 interceptions in the third quarter. fourth quarter, wind at their back, same QB throws 2 TD passes, Freshman RB scores a couple TDs. This team is giving fans heart attacks the way they wait till the last minutes, or seconds to win. Great coachs, great defense, Good QB ( sometimes ) Lot of heart, and they have managed to win against some very good teams.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Folks, they may pull another one out... But, they aren't very good! Kinda like the Bucks this season. They are fortunate to be undefeated still.. Just my opinion, but they haven't impressed me as being a good team! rollo

10. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not to jump on the Iowa bashing wagon,but I thought they were way overated also .In college footbal there are no playoffs so you have to go by quality of wins.A legit top ten team does not beat North Iowa and Arkansas state by a total of 4 points but rather by three touchdowns or more.JMO.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thought I might chime in!!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebraska 10
    Oklahoma 3

:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::wink::wink::wink:

12. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not my thread so i could care less if ya chime in.Great to see the Huskers doing well there probably in my top 5 teams to root for and watch.

13. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It is a great day when you can watch the Huskers win, and see Iowa, Notre Dame, Missouri and Oklahoma lose.

Blackshirts are back, baby!

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I wouldn't say that the Blackshirts are back, but nice win

15. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If I'm not mistaken the Iowa State Cyclones beat the big red in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago didn't they? I guess the black shirts weren't back yet!

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Your correct to say that, but it wasn't the Blackshirts fault!! It was the stinking TURNOVERS that hurt us. Like> count them> 9 of them!! GEEZ!! Believe me, the Blackshirts get the job done. Just our stinking offense that needs work!! Needs some major reconstruction. Wait until next year when you see Palini's recuits on the field!!:wink::big_smile:

17. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Huskers Storm Back for 27-12 Win

UM MILLER! CUE ME IF I'm WRONG, but wasn't this the outcome of the Nebraska vs. Missouri game!! LOL! Sorry, but I had too do this!:wink::big_smile: ROFLMAO!!

18. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Don't get me started on MU:eek:oooh::embarassed: Lost to Baylor for the first time in like 30 years, at home:confused2::crazy::embarassed: